Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Doubles of songs found....deleting these ok?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have a simple question in regards to deleting songs in VDJ.I have discovered some doubles here and there as I move about in the data base.
When I right click on a song and want to delete it does it remove the song from the HD?
or just from VDJ? There is also an option to remove from Data Base, and I assume it will be readded if I do HD scan and "dont delete" prior to the scan.

What would be the best maint procedure for this issue?

Inviato Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 5:03 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Yes, if you delete it, it will remove it from hard disk. Just select remove from database and do a scan again.

Inviato Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 5:11 pm

or just right click the double song , and choose "Remove from database search"

That is more safe, as it wont delete any files:)

A song that is ONE time on your drive, can in some cases show up twice in your search database, so delete one of the double instances can be unsafe, as it might delete the ONE file you really have

choose "remove from database search" :)

Inviato Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 5:25 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
best to use norways way i have lost songs by making that blunder before

Inviato Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 7:33 pm
Thanks guys! I cam now move forward on cleaning up a bit.

Inviato Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 10:14 pm
Some songs might be longer versions - album versions or 12" mixes - a good idea is to look closely.

Goodness knows how many decade-based albums you can buy with certain songs on them - loads of 70s-based albums have Tiger Feet by Mud or You To Me Are Everything by The Real Thing on them - or Devil Gate Drive or Can The Can by Suzi Quatro. Or Love Really Hurts Without You by Billy Ocean. Ormost Abba songs!

Inviato Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 11:24 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)