Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sound in headphone with Maya44: too low

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

pcl73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi ! I'm new user of Maya44 Usb sound card. But sound in my headphone is too low. I use the new Numark Total Control.

I plug my headphone in output of my Maya44 ... and try in output 3/4 too !. I listen right thing when I select PFL, Cue/Mix ... But, even set at max, sound is very low !! I listen nothing at gigs !!!

Thanks for your help !

Pascal

Inviato Sun 10 Jun 07 @ 10:36 pm
Hi,

Where are you setting the max volume, in virtual DJ or in the maya44 control pannel?

Also, have you got your headphones plugged into the headphone socket on the end of the unit? If you have, then that might be a bit of a problem because that only outputs both decks at the same time.

You might need to buy an adaptor that converts two rca sockets into a mini-jack socket so you can hear only one song at a time.

Inviato Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 1:03 am
andytaylor125 wrote :
Hi,

Where are you setting the max volume, in virtual DJ or in the maya44 control pannel?

Both !

andytaylor125 wrote :
Also, have you got your headphones plugged into the headphone socket on the end of the unit? If you have, then that might be a bit of a problem because that only outputs both decks at the same time.

I've try output 3/4 too !

andytaylor125 wrote :
You might need to buy an adaptor that converts two rca sockets into a mini-jack socket so you can hear only one song at a time.

My problem is sound volume ... I know what i'm hearing, but it's too low !

Inviato Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 2:42 am
If you connect the headphones to the RCA out, I think you mus use a headphone amp, becouse this out, is not enough for DJ headphones wich has a veri high impedance, and need a lot of power...

Wich Headphones do you have?

Inviato Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 9:50 am

Inviato Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 3:51 pm
Yes, thats exactly what I mean.......the thing is....try with another headphones first, like your IPOD headphones or so, ans if the problem persist, is software config problem.....becouse the Maya44 has a built in amplifier for headphones......this are the specs.....

ESI MAYA 44 USB, USB Audio Interface , sample rates 44.1kHz or 48kHz, 4 input channels and 4 output channels with RCA connectors, 18-bit A/D Converter, 20-bit D/A Converter, -10dBV input / output level (unbalanced), optical S/PDIF digital output with Miniplug connector, headphone output (1/8" connector) with 60mW amplifier, ASIO 2.0 and CoreAudio support (4 inputs / 4 outputs), MME / WDM support (2 inputs / 2 outputs), Standard USB connection to PC or Mac, compatible with Windows 2000, XP and Mac OS X, compact and lightweight design.

So maybe is not enough for your sony with 40 ohms, and you have to buy a headphone amp, but for bottom headphones, this 60mW is enough.....so try first, to discard software problems.

Inviato Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 7:08 pm
Yep, sounds like you havn't forgotten anything simple, so I guess you're on to a headphone amp.

Another option would be to use a DJ mixer, then you could use two lines in for your sound, one goes to output and keep one on the headphones perminently. (Or use one line for each deck and use the mixer in the traditional way).

I think you mentioned in your post that you're at a club, so I would guess that they'll already have a mixer there that you could plug into.

Inviato Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 11:31 pm
Just checked, you said gigs, if you're in a club then that would be an easy fix. If you're doing mobile discos/house parties then it might be worth investing in a mixer anyway, just incase you want to plug anything else in, use a mic, etc.

Inviato Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 11:35 pm
andytaylor125 wrote :
Just checked, you said gigs, if you're in a club then that would be an easy fix. If you're doing mobile discos/house parties then it might be worth investing in a mixer anyway, just incase you want to plug anything else in, use a mic, etc.

Thanks for your help !!

Where I work, they have this one : http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/products/mixers/mg16_12/img/photo_ph_pop_07.jpg. So, I just plus my Maya44 USB sound to any input. I don't want to work with this mixer, I want to use my Numark Total Control only ... this is my mixer !! Where I work, they provide me this mixer, ampli, sub and speaker. I would buy headphone amply to correct my problem !

Pascal

Inviato Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 1:37 am

Inviato Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 4:55 pm
I think it would work........good luck!tell us how it goes!

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 11:19 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)