Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hercules Mk2 and the future?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi guys, I'm looking to get an external mixer and I know that the Mk2 comes bundled with a copy of Vdj3 so you're probably the best source of info regarding the hercules! I've read how many of you own it and appear to be experts!!

Firstly, have all of the Vista problems been ironed out with the drivers + software?

And secondly, are there any plans for a mk3 or similar? It's been out since 2005 and now there's a funky new OS to run it on I thought they might be looking for a new model. Either that or any news on another similarly priced system which is better than the MK2? I've read through the very comprehensive hardware comparison but again it uses the MK2 as the 'entry-level' mp3 mixer if you like. It's quite a big purchase if considered with the full version of VDJ and I've read so many reviews saying all the buttons are too close to the jog wheels (which can't be temporarily disabled) for it to really compete with the more professional systems.

Thanks for your views!

Inviato Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 11:21 am
And also (sorry forgot), Can a Mk2 and a copy of VDJ be installed on two simultaneous systems - e.g. my laptop and desktop?

Thanks

Inviato Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 11:23 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No for that it permitted only for one PC/lappy.. Only for pro permitted 2 at one time

Inviato Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 11:30 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yes its version 3.4 (home edition)
for vista users a special update was made called 3.4.1 (home edition)

the issues seem solved

the home edition can be installed on one pc only

to learn what is included in this release

look at the comparison

for acess to all skins Version 4 and lifetime updates and plugins ect

and a two computer licence you should look at upgrading to pro if you get the console

there apears to be no public plan for an mk2 yet , although owners of the mk2 have been recently surveyed on their opinions but its a long way off yet

Inviato Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 11:32 am
Thanks for the info!! Couple more questions before I buy my mk2 - Amazon seems to be the cheapest online - any advances on £131 inc delivery? Also, when you buy the pro version of VDJ does it include all updates e.g. if it is upgraded to v5 ?

Cheers for your help

Inviato Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 11:45 am
Yes, u will get free updates if u are the register user:)

Inviato Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 12:03 pm
Thanks for all your help, just ordered my new mk2!! :D

Inviato Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 12:05 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
cool when it arrives you can use your serial to upgrade at a discount
discount

hope to see u soon

Inviato Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 12:07 pm
great, bet u will love ur mk2:)

Inviato Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 12:09 pm
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
djdiablox02 wrote :
Thanks for the info!! Couple more questions before I buy my mk2 - Amazon seems to be the cheapest online - any advances on £131 inc delivery? Also, when you buy the pro version of VDJ does it include all updates e.g. if it is upgraded to v5 ?

Cheers for your help

Have a good play around with the supplied version as it seems to have most of the required features. Use the trial of VDJ Pro and see if you think it justifies the extra cost

Inviato Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 12:10 pm
Without meaning to sound too pessimistic, I hope you have better luck with your Mk2 than I had with mine! E.g. incorrect functioning second jogwheel, parts rattling about inside, grounds being unscrewed etc..

On the other hand I can use it fine with Vista for TCV and get a 1ms latency with it using DirectX mode :D

Inviato Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 4:52 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)