Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to play songs *fully* and crossfade - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Let me add one more detail: To save work, I would like to have an (call it) automix-fade function, so I don't have to trigger every "standard" cross-fade at the end of the song manually.

Inviato Thu 14 Jun 07 @ 12:31 pm
I kjnow exactly what you are looking for, Boot. The only way I have been able to do this is with
Windows Media Player, which allows a 1 to 10 seconds of smooth overlap. I really wish virtual DJ could do this on automix with some elimination on silence on both ends. But as I understand it; it cannot do any smooth fade in/fade out overlap like Windows Media Player does either with OR without the cutting of silence.

I have posted this before in here and the new features request channels, but no one seems interested
except you and I. there have got to be a large number of us who use VDJ in a similar manner as we do, Boot.

I wish someone would correct me and tell us how to do this without having to use Windows media?

Inviato Thu 14 Jun 07 @ 8:20 pm
you may just have to use an extrual mixer its a bit more work but theres no doing what u called manual software cueing with the cuepoints. i use the numark cm200usb mixer and it works great. it has two sound cards intergrated and uses usb to mix the songs but i aslo use the numak dmc2 and its work great and even greater with the new mapper that jpboggis (hope i spelled that right) wrote it took a bit to get used to it but its great. and this works just like mixing cds back in the old days, hit play and slide the crossfader.

Inviato Thu 14 Jun 07 @ 8:36 pm
Hi,

This isn't a perfect solution either, but you might want to give it a go.

In confing, if you set

ForceFade: Enabled

then the fader below that (which sets the crossfade time, I usually have it on 2.4 seconds BTW), if you slide it all the way to the left, so it reads zero, I think that it doesn't do any kind of crossfade, and simply plays each song from beginning to end.

Might be worth a check.

Inviato Thu 14 Jun 07 @ 11:28 pm
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
andytaylor125 wrote :
Hi,

This isn't a perfect solution either, but you might want to give it a go.

In confing, if you set

ForceFade: Enabled

then the fader below that (which sets the crossfade time, I usually have it on 2.4 seconds BTW), if you slide it all the way to the left, so it reads zero, I think that it doesn't do any kind of crossfade, and simply plays each song from beginning to end.

Might be worth a check.

this is the settings i use when i have it runnin for the restuarant during the day

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 4:10 am
That STILL doesn't work. There is never any smooth crossfading between songs like a simple little stupid program like WMPlayer can do! Seems like VDJ should be able to pull off something !

The VDJ slider moves too fast from one deck to the other .; leaving NO overlap. When you set an overlap of 8 seconds, that should allow 8 seconds of one song to fade out as 8 seconds of the next song fades in.

VDJ does NOT allow that.

Are we talking among ourselves or ARE the programmers listening in.
If they are, PLEASE LET US KNOW!

Other software developers do.

All we seem to get is " Please check this and uncheck that".

We need results. WE paid for those results, did we not

Inviato Sat 16 Jun 07 @ 7:23 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
we paid for the software 'as is' not 'as we would like it to be' plus we did'nt pay for all the pluggins and skins that are there and any updates that come along although most companies update their software
'free gratis' anyway

don't get me wrong everyone has something they would like to see tweaked to their own liking myself included its idtags for me but i have as yet to see another company as accomadating as vdj is to its customers with all the updates you get most directed by the user themselves, may feel excruciating slow at times but they do come along...

Tayla

Inviato Sat 16 Jun 07 @ 12:45 pm
djclearPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have the same problem when i'm playing dinner music and want to set 15 songs on the playlist

and walk away i would like it to smoothly transition to the next song. instead it drops in the

middle of the song abruptly and it sounds bad. i wish it would just transition nice and smooth

to the next song. also the auto cue sets itself in the wierdest places sometimes. how about start

at the beggining and end at the end. I don't think it's too much to ask. I Feel Your pain.

Inviato Tue 19 Jun 07 @ 3:09 am
tayla, I agree on the freebees, but yes we did pay for them.
When you first purchase the program THEY DO state that
there will be free updates and plugins. With that statement, we believe that
is what we paid for. Also, automix is not a plugin.

I believe the purpose of the design was to let songs go "AUTOMATICALLY"
so an audience can enjoy a smooth transition of songs.

Now the last few complaints on this thread are dealing with just that.
Songs are not enjoyed totally by audiences and automix cannot be run
smoothly or even trusted when away from the machine(hence the prefix "AUTO").

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 11:39 pm
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
even if you did set an amount of seconds to fade in and fade out, every song finishes different. song songs fade out, also have a few seconds of nothing at the end and other songs finish on a beat. therefor you woulnd't want the same transition for all these songs. haveing a 8 second fade out on a song that finishes on a high at the end would sound silly if it started faading out 8 seconds before it finished.

Inviato Fri 22 Jun 07 @ 12:39 am
I don't know but Windows media does it quite well w/o a lot of problems,
similar to pushing a channel fader up while one is going down.

You would think after all these updates of VDJ they could come up with something reliable, instead of making excuses of what something might be wrong with our computers.

Inviato Fri 22 Jun 07 @ 6:59 am
For straightforward auto crossfading I use Winamp and SqrSoft Advanced Crossfading Output. Once it's set up it works really well for standard full song smooth crossfading.

Inviato Fri 22 Jun 07 @ 9:41 am
@Bloot and Bryan

Well, Now there's 3 of us. =)

I completely agree with both of you. Automix in VDJ is very primitive.
I once read somewhere that it has not been further developed because this software was built thinking in a mobile or club DJ.

However I think it is not a excuse. Automix is very useful for everyone, so I really think it should be improved. Let's hope it is, and soon. =)

Cheers,
Joe

Inviato Sat 23 Jun 07 @ 1:23 am
An aspect that hasn't been brought into this subject, Karaoke. Lets say you're a busy karaoke operator, a way to simplify things is to have an auto playlist set up of random tunes, then 'slot in' your karaoke singers into the playlist. The thing is that the automix as it stands regularly cuts off the intro to the karaoke track resulting in the singer missing his cue and you having to restart the track, OR it cuts off the end mixing the next song in prematurely.

I reckon the simple way round this is to enable the automix cue points to be dragged to whatever position you want. IE, a song is playing, the karaoke track has just loaded onto the second deck, you can see the cues are out, just use the mouse to drag them to the required points, then a "lock cues here" option say on right click would be nice so that the cue points you have set get remembered for the next time you play that track.

Inviato Sat 23 Jun 07 @ 4:05 pm
Tophouse has the answer.

Why doesn't VDJ come up with one.

Some say :"VDJ is not making an excuse"

A reason for not doing anything sorta means the same thing, doesn't it.

We're all listening to each other and agree on a whole lot here, where's VDJ in this conversation.

Inviato Sun 24 Jun 07 @ 10:19 am
djclearPRO InfinityMember since 2005
there should just be a simple mix function so the song starts at the beginning and 10 seconds
before it ends fade slowly into the beginning of the next track. it doesn't seem to be that
much to ask. call me crazy. but when i'm out mingling i could set 10 songs and walk away.
especially for dinner.

Inviato Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 5:00 am
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Simple Solution = Automix. Ignore Cue Points

Sure that could be done.

Inviato Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 1:19 pm
there should just be a simple mix function so the song starts at the beginning and 10 seconds
before it ends fade slowly into the beginning of the next track. it doesn't seem to be that
much to ask. call me crazy. but when i'm out mingling i could set 10 songs and walk away.
especially for dinner. ..................

I agree. I demo'd OTS DJ & their automix feature was excellent. But I did not care for their way of transferring your MP3 files to another type of file.

If Virtual DJ could fix this problem, it would be a much better product. The way it is now, it's automix feature sounds very unprofessional.

Inviato Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 6:45 pm
pro-mixPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I agree... You should be able to either drag the cuepoints, or better yet tell the software to ignore them. VDJ is strangely silent on this topic - hmmmm... This is one suggestion that they should SERIOUSLY implemement into the next release. Automix as it currently works is virtually unusable.

Inviato Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 12:27 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It could be done n here how i do it,:)

Step 1 - Select 2 songs n placed it at each deck

Step 2 - Select Bpm settings go to edit automix then select mix tempo and allow. Pick the entry point
(at the start of the track) and the exit point (the silence of the end of the track). And press ok.

Step 3 - Repeat step 2 at the other decks

Step 4 - Close VDJ.

Step 5 - Open VDJ n go to config, select force fade ..enable n fade length set to 0.0s n
lastly Auto-pitch match set to smart.

Step 6 - Select songs put to the side playlist n start automix..

Hope this helps..

I use this setting n it werk well but sumtime when close vdj again the setting lost and have to edit again but that not a huge problem:) as i did not really use automix function only when starting of the gig:)

Cheers..
DJ Antarez

Inviato Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 1:00 pm
85%