Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Tips to avoid the white noise - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Super-PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Can we get any guidelines or tips how to setup VDJ to avoid that white-noise problem?
I have experienced it 3 times so far and it was really embarrassing.
I hope that issue is soon be fixed because I think that VDJ is a great product. I just love it:-)
Thank you

My specs (PC):
Intel core duo 6400 2x 2.13Ghz
2gb of RAM
Graphic: Ati Radeon x1300, 256mb

Behringer BCD-2000
Vinyl controlled (using Serato code vinyls)

Inviato Thu 14 Jun 07 @ 3:03 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you dont have the classic problem of memory overtax by the looks of it you have an ieq conflict:
Behringer BCD-2000
Vinyl controlled (using Serato code vinyls)

the berginer may be causing conflicts with the rest of your system

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/60644/Hardware_Technical_Support/_HW_How_to_solve__issues_with_bad_sound__unstable_devices__pops_and_crackles_.html

focus on this guide on the parts on irq conflicts they are virtual channels used to allow devices to comunicate berringer ufortunately has some issues where it chooses the same number as other cards and devices and this makes odd noises and crashes ocur in winows

but if it is tweaked well the card can funtion correctly so dont give up help im sure we can help :)

sad to say it doesnt fully support tcv use to my understanding well because of chip issues

this is part of the reason the 2000 came to a demise for the 3000 with a new chip

and sll vinyl isnt fully supported
you would have better overal results using the new generation 3 virtualdj timecoded vinyls

Inviato Thu 14 Jun 07 @ 3:13 pm

Inviato Thu 14 Jun 07 @ 3:23 pm
This is what IRQ looks like in my PC
------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------
So how should I set this?
Or which USB port should I use for Behringer BCD-2000?

Please note:
This error happens approximately after 4 hours of working with video.
Upon loading a video this noise comes out on both channels, while picture continues rolling.
Then I restart the program (not the PC) and it continue to works flawlessly.

Inviato Thu 14 Jun 07 @ 7:59 pm
seems that your video and usb cards are sharing resources

try another usb port on the machine

when plugining in the bcd

preferably on the other side of the laptop

Inviato Thu 14 Jun 07 @ 8:35 pm
you may wish to try this aslo power mangment issues can cause cards not to function correctly try this free tool

to adjust battery usage so that elements such as cards dont get put to sleep to save power

http://www.diefer.de/speedswitchxp/

only for laptops and xp

set to max performance

Inviato Thu 14 Jun 07 @ 9:34 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Simple answer for those who can't read computers like a book...take a back up device with you...be it another pc/laptop, a cd player, an ipod or whatever. Plug it into the aux channel of your mixer and before you get to the crucial 4 hour mark, switch over to the back up device for 30 seconds or so whilst you shut VDJ down and restart it. Then you can 'start over' with a fresh session and so you won't need to worry about the dreaded 4 hour time slot.

Layman's workaround...but better than the embarrassment of white noise.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 12:42 am
skyfxl wrote :
you may wish to try this aslo power mangment issues can cause cards not to function correctly try this free tool

to adjust battery usage so that elements such as cards dont get put to sleep to save power

only for laptops and xp

set to max performance

How would that help? Generally you'll get better power management by using balanced. If what you're saying about this white noise being caused by lacking memory and it only happens after x hours, quite clearly the fault is a memory leak in VDJ?

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 1:15 am

its not a memory leak in VDJ.

I have helped several people with this issue, and almost always its on a laptop, and reason is most often that the laptop has power management system and "smart" power-save features to make sure the laptop runs longest possible on batteries.

this includes running the CPU on half and less cycles, power down usb constantly and other things, that drag power out of batteries.

Some of these features have at least with some users I've helped, led the soundcard to fall into a "sleep state" where the result can be white noise.

the tool Sky posed will run your laptop "like a desktop", where there are full cpu cycles and PC are always "awake". So it can helps lots.

Also, bios updates and latest drivers are needed at all times, as laptops can have severe issues regarding sound, specially usb sound, due to the facors above and more (all from usb drop outs to soundcard being "lost")..

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 2:20 am
I use a PC actually

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 2:25 am

@ Super

- Try a long set without the BCD2000

Just got a strong feeling that this is the cause of the pc and memory having problems.

The BCD2000 drivers are notorious

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 2:32 am
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
buyin the new version fixed it for me!

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 4:02 am
I was in the same situation, every “X” time there was white noise or VDJ even stopped controlling although the record kept on playing restarting VDJ did the trick for another “X” time?!
& in my case it was the laptop, weird I know I had a working sys. With a BCD-2000 & HP-PC but the max RAM on this PC could only be 1G so I’ve bought a Dell 9400 with all max specs & I can’t get it to work with the BCD I’ve tried everything!!
So I returned to the HP & everything runs smooth for hours without any glitches or white sound the latency of the BCD is even running on 4ms works great only loading tracks takes some longer due to the only 1G of RAM.
So I guess it is a combination between all: BCD,PC-hardware,program,etc.

Regards, Pelgrims.

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 10:20 am
How long ago did u get the Dell?? I ask as I returned one already that didnt work. I have another one that I didnt want to return as I would look like an ass in the brass's eyes so I bit the bullet on that one. Stay away from Dell, and/or find a model that is workin for other VDJ users and go with that. Brian

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 11:05 am
My thoughts exactly, have the Inspiron 9400 for 3 weeks now & I knew all the tricks to get the BCD-VDJ working by tuning a laptop & nothing worked, alone for +- 3hours it worked ok and then glitches or noise or VDJ hangs.
So I returned to my HP (Pentium M 2G with 950Mb Ram) weird because there is 2X 512MB Ram installed but whatever I do it only reports 950MB?:-)
& this combination runs flawless whatever I do gigs of +8H using effects,samples etc.
Iaw. don’t use DELL for DJ’ing :-)

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 11:20 am
that means that you probably have a shared graphics card that uses ram to supliment its own memory

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 11:27 am
Maybe not as the E1505 (?) I have doesnt have shared as it has a X1950 in it and still doesnt work. We talked about this before and I think it boils down to the crap parts Dell uses to manufacture. Now on the other hand there are quite a few users that have no issues on the Dell PCs they are running. It is sooo much better and probably cheaper to just build urself a PC rather than buyin a storebought. On the PC you are havin issues with is it a clean install of XP or are u runnin Vista??

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 11:39 am
true dell finds the cheapest whitelabel parts possible

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 11:45 am
Dont know if it helps, but during quiet periods in tracks during a set, i actually plug out the laptop power supply due to it causing a bit of noise on the line out from the laptop.

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 11:49 am
skyfxl wrote :

only for laptops and xp

set to max performance

for any one just joining this thread with this issue and missed this tip try this tool

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 12:33 pm
65%