Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Need help / suggestions picking video effects

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Here's the deal:

I do all video... but recently I have been playing more MP3s in my set (with no videos) because these are songs that have no video. So instead of putting up a blank screen... I downloaded the picturerotation effect and threw the club logo on all the screens and have it rotate around. Ok great idea I thought.

But my boss just came up to me and wants to see more "variety". I asked him what he was looking for... he wasn't sure. But he doesn't want the same thing up there all the time.

So I am curious as to what some of you other DJs do when you are playing MP3s with no videos. What are you projecting on the screens? He mentioned maybe putting vids of girls dancing or something along that effect... but I am not even sure where I would get these types of "videos". LOL

Promo Only has an ambient video collection that I have... but I am not thrilled with using that.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 4:29 am
Look here, for the 78 Soniques effects. You can also try Shadow Dancers(do a search).

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 4:42 am
i compile pics for slideshows ..... the soniques are good ...text 2d and cube are great ..... pete's freeze frames

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 4:53 am
I try to rotate the video with all the other plugins... This way people are not used to seeing the same affect on the screen ( text, 2d, sonique, slideshow )... So everyshift I go out and take a couple of picture of the the guest and download them in the computer before the music starts. Now people can see themselves here and now. 2d is great for on song transitions but it does take alot of practice to get use to it. I like to play sonique while playing the video so it looks like part of the video.. just a different affect.

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 4:30 pm
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I use a video mixer and a dvd player that I keep ambiant videos or comedy clips during songs that have no video. ETV use to sell these videos like sports bloopers, DJ videos Like 3Lux or Xmix & Danceground.
I sometimes will use Shadow Dancers or make a montoge of photos from past nights at the club.

If you don't want to spend the money on a mixer, just buy a Radio Shack video switcher for about $15 but I've found that my video mixer adds a lot to my show.

Inviato Sat 16 Jun 07 @ 7:50 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Inviato Sat 16 Jun 07 @ 7:51 am
I have the ability to use a separate video source to run a video on the screen while I am playing my MP3s. I have an external Numark Video mixer.

I guess I am just trying to see what the best thing to put on the screen while I play my MP3s. If I can do it with VDJ using an effect... that is a plus.

Inviato Sat 16 Jun 07 @ 12:08 pm
I also use the vendors logo / slideshow as gimmicks as well... between songs I will use jager slideshow to fill spots. Last night, Cuervo was in the house and used there image. Just ask the sale rep ahead of time put something together. I took their disc and burned it to a seperate folder just music and when I ready I place it into a deck and play for about 30 seconds then put another song into the mix.

The vendor really enjoy it because of the affect we have to make really look professional...

music video>fade>logo>cube>full screen>double window side by side with >music video>switch to another music video

or

jpeg of logo and cube it with 2d underneath it...

that's just some examples of some cool tricks to do with promos

when you make the money makers happy, the returns are great ( tickets to concerts, ball games, invites to other gigs at higher rate of pay ). You just have to be creative and VDJ allows that creativity.

Inviato Sat 16 Jun 07 @ 6:03 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)