Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Couple quick questions!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

NickyBPRO InfinityMember since 2006
1- What is the latest version of the DAC-2 mapper code I need to make it work properly with VDJ 4.3?

2- When I try to edit or rename any entry in my database, my changes do not get made ... why?

3- Sometimes when dragging songs into a Virtual Folder, everything hangs and I have to terminate VDJ. Is this a bug?

4- When working from an autoplay playlist, when a song finishes on deck A, deck B starts fine BUT when the next song loads
into deck A, deck B 'skips' ahead to nearly the halfway point in the song and continues playing from there. This happens
consistently on both decks as the songs start to load. Could this be another bug or a config problem?

Thanks-
NickyB

My setup: Gen-X-PC 5760(Laptop) atop a cooler, DAC2, GigaportAG, Maxstor 1TB ext. HD and American Audio mixer into pwered speakers.

Inviato Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 8:38 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

1- Try my mapper - http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=2945
There is a readme that explains it's configuration. Save the zip file to c:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ\\Plugins\\ControlDevice and extract the contents there.

2- Some have reported similar problems with no exact answer to the cause. Recommend using the following utility to make sure that the - NoModifFiles - IS NOT checked.
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=2170
If it is checked, uncheck and apply the changes - Utility will not run if VDJ is open.

3- Again a reported problem when trying to load too many files at once into a Virtual Folder. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next release - don't ask when - hopefully soon though.

4- Again, some have also experienced this problem - as I have. I have personally resolved it my re-installing the DirectX packages from Oct 2006 to current (April), however June just released so I would install that one too. The key to this is starting with Oct 2006 and installing each package in order and rebooting after each one. Links to those packages are below - full downloads. Also make sure you are using your latest audio drivers.

Oct 2006
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=D625324C-59B4-4951-849E-640B508DC442&displaylang=en
Dec 2006
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=77bc0499-19d0-46b6-a178-033d9e6c626b&displaylang=en
Feb 2007
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=09f7578c-24aa-4e0a-bf91-5fec24c8c7bf&displaylang=en
Apr 2007
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=d2e2cae1-6aef-4a40-bd00-f0fb2a71e99f&displaylang=en
Jun 2007 - just released -
http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/5/e/55ec0e96-a046-42c6-b6c8-2cd5742a073a/directx_jun2007_redist.exe

Hope all this helps,
cstoll

Inviato Tue 19 Jun 07 @ 3:32 am
NickyBPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks cstoll ... I've give it a try and let you know how it goes. All in all, I think VDJ is fantastic. My bigest difficulties are getting used to the default 'skin' and remembering to keep my two systems in sync, both the ext. HDs and the VDJ software. I just realized this past weekend that I had put a bunch of new video transitions on one but not the other ... good thing I was only spinning music for that wedding.

Thanks Again -
NickyB

Inviato Tue 19 Jun 07 @ 5:23 pm
just a temporary resolution for #3
does it totally hang ?
can you still access the config menues ?
if yes, switch to another skin and back to yours

that's what i do

cheers,
matt

Inviato Tue 19 Jun 07 @ 7:41 pm
DirectX updates have the previous versions in them. You do not and should not download each one in ascending order and install them. I'm also not sure about the validity of updating DirectX may fix your problems claims on these forums. VirtualDJ makes use of DirectX features? Fine.

VirtualDJ 4 was released in August 2006 and makes use of whatever DirectX 9.0c features of that time. Unless there has been some drastic bug fixes made to the audio featureset in the DirectX package in that time, and companies such as Properllerhard and Steinberg don't seem to be making a fuss about it, then what difference will the latest version make.

Inviato Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 4:11 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Andrew87 wrote :
DirectX updates have the previous versions in them. You do not and should not download each one in ascending order and install them. I'm also not sure about the validity of updating DirectX may fix your problems claims on these forums. VirtualDJ makes use of DirectX features? Fine.

PLAY at your OWN RISK -- As we all know just because MICROSOFT says it exists doesn't mean it works. The recommendation above is from EXPERIENCE, there is something that trails from one version to the other. NO I don't know what it is, and yes this has helped other solve their issue. Some resolution result in a complete Format and Re-Install of the OS and VDJ.
You make the call.

Inviato Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 6:42 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You can ask the team Andrew, but I know that VDJ depend A LOT on Direct X component, specially Direct 3D, Direct Draw and Direct Sound for WDM mode.

Inviato Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 9:27 pm
I'm not denying the fact that it uses DirectX. I was just wondering how much improvement people could realistically expect by updating their version of DirectX considering the software would have been developed on a much older version - which also works for a lot of users. There are some users who use VirtualDJ successfully without even a service pack let alone the latest version of DirectX.

VirtualDJ v3 even worked under Linux with WINE. I think that uses DirectX 8 libraries.

Nevertheless, it is worth trying and one of those odd things with Windows systems where it may actually fix problems. However installing the latest redistributable should be enough as it does contain the dlls for the previous releases. It will be interesting to see how the Mac development continues as there shouldn't be such problems with the operating systems core components vs the hardware.

Slightly off-topic: I tried making a Bootable BartPE disc with DirectX support and all my drivers integrated which I hoped could run VirtualDJ in a protected and stable environment, much like what FS used to use when you could boot up from a CD on either a normal computer or Mac. BartPE only goes upto DirectX 8 support and I was unable to find the required libraries to make it work, but it may make an interesting project for any v3 users and anyone who's interested in this sort of thing.

Inviato Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 9:42 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Yep, but most of the time Direct X update resolve problems with hardware, so it's more needed for Video and Sound cards than for VDJ IMO.
Also, some versions of Direct X will not work good with some drivers which is pain in the *utt, so I recommend fresh Check point in System Restore before updating since there is no uninstall option for Direct X component.

Inviato Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 11:46 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)