Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: BPM & Video

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi guys & Dolls, I'm DJ Kim, Anyone know why the BPM machine does not function when a video is loaded/played. To get it working again I have to log out of VDJ an log in;-( Surely there must be something more logical than that.... Thanks,kim

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 7:58 am
This should not be an issue, as I do it all the time. What actually happens when you try to analyze a track, while playing a video? What are the specs of your machine?

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 9:21 am
Hi, thanks for picking up my prob... I have a Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz 2.00GB of RAM working on Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pack 2... As soon as I even click on a Video file the BPM engine does not function

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 10:57 am
This may seem like a stupid question, but do your videos play in VDJ? When they are loaded in a player, do they have a time on them? What type of files are these?

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 11:55 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Which video card do you have?

Inviato Fri 22 Jun 07 @ 1:43 am
This isn't a new problem, this has been reported numerous times in the forums, but keeps getting blown off. I have had this problem happen on four different machines, so it doesn't seem to be machine specific. Once you start playing videos, the manual analyze function won't work for MP3 files for the duration that VDJ is open. Videos will analyze, MP3s won't.

Inviato Fri 22 Jun 07 @ 3:03 am
I have had the same problem as well. I only noticed it now because I just started using MP3s last week. I was strictly doing video now I am doing a mix of both.

No BPM count for MP3s after a certain point.

Inviato Fri 22 Jun 07 @ 3:26 am
I'm sorry, I did not understand the question, the way Kim put it.

I tried this below:

djderricke wrote :
This isn't a new problem, this has been reported numerous times in the forums, but keeps getting blown off. I have had this problem happen on four different machines, so it doesn't seem to be machine specific. Once you start playing videos, the manual analyze function won't work for MP3 files for the duration that VDJ is open. Videos will analyze, MP3s won't.

I got the same results. It only gave the bpm for 2 out of 7. After I closed VDJ, and re-opened, it gave the remaining bpm's. So, I guess this is an issue for some, and I am sure those up above, are working on it. I don't think it is being blown off, I just think there are more important issues that come first.

Inviato Fri 22 Jun 07 @ 10:52 am
Thanks to djderricke for pointing it out more clearly than i did. Ok, so we assume it's not being blown off or swept under the carpet... it would be nice if someone can actually tell us for certain that it is being looked into as it is a problem (not so much for some but more to others - such as myself).
Example, I gig a lot an play Videos with Mp3s & I am not a super dj but 2 to 3 thousand people is enough as it only takes 1 person to ask for some obscure track & before i play it I need the Beats.... can't get them unless I exit VDJ & Load again....that is really not an option... so please, lets treat it as importantly as anything else... Thank You.

Inviato Fri 22 Jun 07 @ 7:26 pm
It's always best to have "ALL YOUR SONGS" analyzed before you play them at a gig. I do, and works well.

Inviato Sat 23 Jun 07 @ 8:42 am
Of course it is. I totally agree that one ought to be prepared before going to battle & that (if one knew there is a problem) is better still. But, the issue here is that we (I) have bought what is considered the ''Best DJ software Prog'' arround, therefore I expect it to 'Analyze' my BPM whether I use the Video or not. So, if there is a 'bug', lets see out of the 40000 people that are said to be using VDJ, if one or two have come up with a solution WITHOUT having to EXIT the prog whilst in the middle of a song.

Inviato Sat 23 Jun 07 @ 12:54 pm
I agree kimbotec, and my dilemma is that the machine that has all the videos and music I play resides in the club, not at my house. I have thousands of videos, and about 10,000+ songs. Leaving the machine on to analyze them while the club is not operating is not an option. The machine I built is robust enough to analyze while I'm djing, so that is how I've been plowing through all the media I have on the club computer.

Inviato Sat 23 Jun 07 @ 8:40 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)