Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Getting hold of Music Videos

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi

Have been skimming over a few older threads regarding sourcing Videos.

I currently have 0, zero, none, zilch.. music videos in my collection, but i'd like to start getting some.

It seems from what i've read that people are either buying Compilation DVD's (e.g Promo Only) or buying the odd Music CD single which also has the video on it.

I've looked at the various Compilation DVDs out there, most of them only 2 or 3 tracks i'd need and they cost around £30 per DVD, so it doesn't really make economical sense for me to go that route.

Is there an Itune-like service which allows you pay for & download a video on an individual basis?

I'd be looking primarily for cheesey Disco tracks (70's,80's) and House Music Videos

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 2:15 pm
Hi,

Itunes plus is a new service from itunes that sells music videos (and also just audio) without any copyprotection on them, so this means that you can play them in virtual dj (with the right codec).

Unfortunately, the selection isn't very big at the moment, but there might be one or two to get you started.

www.mixmash.com

and

www.promoonly.co.uk

are both good, but like you say, they may not have exactly the songs you want (check out party classics for a half decent selection of older stuff).

As far as I know they're about your only options.

Oh, but also, do a search on www.amazon.co.uk for "music dvd" or something like that, often established artists (michael jackson, queen, etc) have a dvd with their greatest hits videos on.

Hope that helps a bit.

Fraid it's just an expensive game to get into!

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 2:39 pm
Thanks for the pointers.

We should get given the Music and Videos for free ! :)

Our work increases music sales as we introduce people to tracks, we're a shop window for the music industry, we're basically demo-ing their products for them.

We can but dream!

:)

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 2:55 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)