Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: how to fade vocals..

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello guys, I am new to this forum, found it while surfing. I have been trying to mix in 2 songs but while mixing I want to fade/mute the vocal of one of the songs. Is this possible with any software?

Basically I have 2 tracks of the same but one by a male and the other by female. I want to mix it in as if they are performing a duet! The mixing does not come right as I cant fade or mute one of the vocals. Is there any software that allows to do this?

Please help if you can…
Thanks in advance…

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 2:23 pm
Sorry guys… I guess I have repeated what most people wanted to know! Should have searched first! Really sorry.. Seems like its not as simple as A, B, C….

Ok, can someone recommend a good software that will extract the vocal/instrumental?

Also I have another VDJ query. Is it possible to listen to one track while the other is playing if am just using the laptop? Bet this has already been answered as well! Pls don’t kill me! :o)

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 2:51 pm
There are various effects that can do this to a degree, one is shipped with VDJ.
Click the effects tab to access. (Assuming you have the software)

In my experience it never completely removes the vocals/instruments, but it does 'muffle' them along with some other parts of the track.

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 3:28 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
We will kill you :)
You can't remove the vocals and have just instrumental, that is just not possible. Instead, try to find instrumentals and accapelas.
About second question, yes, you can but you must use some external sound card with 4 channels like Sound Blaster Live 5.1 USB.
You survived ;)

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 3:33 pm
Pat_DJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
For your second question, yes its possible. If you play mono, you can split de left and right.. and use them for main(right) and the other(left) for headphones.

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 5:50 pm
I am still alive!!! :o)

Right, so you can listen to each tract on the deck.. I am not a computer man, so can you pls give me some intro on how to achieve this mono think? Do I need to install new software or something?

DJ-ALF… I have been trying to get the instrumental and the accapela without success! Been searching for the past four months!!!!

Inviato Mon 25 Jun 07 @ 7:25 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)