Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: requirements to be a proffessional dj

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

devalHome userMember since 2007
hi,this is deval kshatriya.i am an engineering student and a great music lover.i feel music in my blood. i want to be a professional dj,but i am lacking with the way in which i should proceed.so i want a helping hand from you.so pls let me know how should i start and what to do............ one thing i would like to tell u that i had used the 20days trial version and had also mixed some of the songs.and i think i really did well in that thing.pls do reply me.............

Inviato Fri 22 Jun 07 @ 12:08 pm
Hi

I'm not sure what you experience levels are away from VDJ, but if limited then i would say firstly
.. practice, practive, experiment, practice and practice some more

To give yourself every chance of getting DJ work, you should practice and experminet with all styles of music, not just the style(s) you like yourself.
Also you should read the posts in Tutorial sections of this forum.

I'd also recommend investing in a controller if you dont already have one, the Hercules MK2 is a good little unit, gives you everything you need to get going.

Keep practicing, keep reading the forums here, you will learn alot abour DJing in general and learn alot about VDJ too.

Then, when you get to the point where you feel confident enogh to peform infront of people, start touting yourself around, maybe do some House parties first, build up your confidence and hopefully start getting a reputation going for yourself.

And all the time whilst doing the above you should be looking to expand your audio collection, beacuse no matter how good a DJ you become, if you ain't got the tunes you won't get the work.

Welcome to the world of VDJ ... enjoy.

Inviato Fri 22 Jun 07 @ 12:37 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)