Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: a good idea ??

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

i was wondering if it was possible to edit idv3 tags and then the editor would write the changes to multiple applications ( i'm thinking edits appear in Rapid Evolution plus VDJ or in any DJ software or database plus say ,your online catalog for your clients to choose requests from ??)

seems like there should be a way........the tags are generic and so is the path to the file ......you could have a database central so to speak and it would export changes for you to the applications that you specify....you could input one change that goes to several places

and anyway those developer guys need some work for a change ......what with hanging at the riviera out on the yacht , pullin down those big paychecks , rewaxing the lamborghini......

Inviato Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 1:27 am

It works the other way around. The application writes the tags to the file (you can choose to do so, in Rapid Evolution and other programs)

Then other apps will read the tags written.

In VDJ only artist - track, and comment tag is read currently.

But browser update have been asked for, so good news might come soon ;)

By the way, you can also use Rapid Evolution browser with VDJ, and use drag-and-drop of tracks into VDJ decks. Thats how I use it for harmoic play (when I want to use keys)

Inviato Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 2:05 am
thanks Norway , i'll try that .....i've been using one of the serato skins , looks real cool .....so park that on top of Format's VMix ??

i just tried writing some edits in RE & Traktor and seeing if they were instantly popping up from the one to the other but i didn't shut down and relaunch.......i wasn't seeing new comments in RE popping instantly in Traktor

Traktor does have some changes you can do on the fly and instantly see

i am trying to get myself to where i can have a totally stable excellent database (standalone ) parked on the external drive (with the music) plus a backup copy on the backup system (trying to be impervious to losing the db)

then , stop using Traktor to find the trax and just use Virtual ........ anyway that's gonna finally happen soon

when they release these upgrades i hope one change will be that you can load the decks with ctrl clicks instead of drag and drop .......

also i hope i don't piss people off with this but i sometimes think there is too much focus on the herc ????

i would also suggest that it's impossible to be everything to every dj ......i mean you even have a little bit of built in lighting control......

i think soon you may have to emulate PCDJ and have a beginner (which you already have) , an intermediate and an expert version ........

Inviato Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 2:46 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
cnyw

hope the tech guys had a look at mixmeisters browser before going ahead with vdj that does everthing on your wish list...

Tayla

Inviato Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 11:27 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)