Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Timecoded Vinyl Question

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

carheexHome userMember since 2004
I want to use my turntables with timecoded vinly through my hercules console. Do I have to buy virtual dj timecoded vinyls or will, for example, the serato scratch ones work?

Inviato Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 8:58 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes u have to buy VDJ TCV for full performances while serato and final scratch works on limitations..and in order to use timecoded fully u should upgrade to Pro as DJC edition only allows about 5 mins of usage..:)

Inviato Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 9:38 pm
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
the Serato vinyls are not fully supported. You will not get correct pitch (offset about - 6%) and you will not be able to do needle dropping.
I would reccomend you to get the original TCV's from VDJ/Numark...

Inviato Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 9:40 pm
@SpinnaJ

hehe..you posted while I was writing:P quick bastard..hehe

Inviato Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 9:41 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
HAha,, gotta keep up posting:)

Inviato Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 9:46 pm
carheexHome userMember since 2004
cheers guys - so much for my plan to save a few pounds.

Inviato Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 10:35 pm
Gen 3, UK - when please :)

Inviato Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 10:48 pm
I think at least Numark 3.gen(or 1st gen Virtual Vinyl, however you like it) should be available now...I don't know about VDJ's, but they are the same execept for the labels and lead in time...

Inviato Tue 03 Jul 07 @ 12:14 am
Haven't seen them for sale anywhere in Europe (online at least anyway, don't have the money to actually try every shop!). It would appear that Atomix are in charge of producing them.

Inviato Tue 03 Jul 07 @ 1:03 am

Inviato Tue 03 Jul 07 @ 1:16 am
That's quite appaling really (more so for people who spent the £425 to buy VV. I went onto their page and read their statement.

Quote :
How do I purchase replacement time code CDs or records?
Yes, you can purchase replacement time code CD's or Vinyl directly from our parts department.

Their support staff don't seem to have a grasp on simple english grammar. It's only a small thing so that doesn't really matter. But no online shop anywhere? I don't want to have to phone them to order vinyl. They will probably not sell me it due to not owning VV or charge an extortionate rate as they seem to offer a far inferior replacement system than both Stanton and Rane. Usually I stay clear of manufacturer shipped replacement parts. One time an official Sony shop wanted me to pay £75 for a replacement minidisc player remote when a new player with said remote is only £150.

Inviato Tue 03 Jul 07 @ 3:13 am
I think someone here at the forum stated earlier that they had bought the Vinyl from Numark's parts department for $14.95,-
That's not too bad is it?
I don't think your local dealer will charge any more than this once they have them in stock.

Inviato Tue 03 Jul 07 @ 12:14 pm
Thanks for that piece of information. I've sent a message to the parts department through Numark's site. Will see how it works out.

Inviato Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 5:45 am
Well, after using Numark's support page online (they don't have a UK one nor care about the UK judging by their prices) my message had to get forwarded to a UK contact, this process took 3 days. Of course it could be done automatically if there was a part on their page for me to select my country but no, this sort of technology is far too advanced apparently. Today I received a reply from what I was hoping to be the UK parts department. Instead I get this:

Quote :
Hi Andrew, If you would like to call our UK service line on 01252 353850, you can discuss this matter with one of the team here and if there is anything available it can be ordered at the same time. I hope this is of help to you, but if you need any further assistance please do call or email me again. Kind Regards, ******** Technical Service & Support

The whole point in me e-mailing was to avoid paying the price of a phonecall surely? So first of all, I need to phone and disclose my problem once again because there is no sort of reference number for my support questions. This is wasting both of our time and they will check if there is anything available. What the hell, they may not have spares? Nice..

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 6:24 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)