Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mic volume level is too low on Broadcast

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

kotdbPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi folks,

Using Hercules mk2 and Virtual DJ but my broadcast mic is really quiet and people can hardly hear me.

I have got the volume right up on the herc, the control software and I have tried the talk over levels at all levels but its always too quiet.

I have bought a new mic too but its not that.

Is there any other way I can increase the volume more?

Apparently I sound like a sound engineer that is accidentally caught on a recording.

:-/

Inviato Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 9:59 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
You might need to set the volume in your systems settings. make sure the Herc is selected as the recording device.

Inviato Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 10:06 pm
Which system settings do you mean?

The control options as I see them are:

(1) The ones in Virtual DJ for Broadcasting:

i.e in the centre of the screen REC>Config>etc.
I have this set to Record from Master + mic and set to Hercules DJ Console Mk2. (Not "Primary Sound capture driver" or "Sigmatel audio")

(2) The config tab at the top right of Virtual DJ:

Soundcard is set to to mixed mode (mp3's and external sources)

(3) The seperate DJ console

I have the volume level set to the top. Input 1 (the mic highlighted). WDM mode

and I have tried all variations of the talkover attenuation. I presume that -9db is the best option for me as it reduces the music volume by the largest degree.

Is there something I am missing?

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 8:46 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
The mic in your system setting on your PC. Make sure they are for the Herc and the voice recording device.

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 10:58 pm
Right I tried testing the mice in the system settings. I tried it through the herc and through the laptop soundcard.

The levels were nice and high using the laptop soundcard but were very low using the herc. I was able to alter the levels from the laptop soundcard but not the herc so the levels are just stuck quite low.

I have since tried recording and instead of using the attenuation function (-9db etc) I have just manually reduced the volume on the track playing and talked slightly louder. Seems that that might be the best I can do and sounds ok when I played it back. I'll see how I get on when I broadcast tomorrow.

Fingers crossed. Not sure why I can't increase the sound levels of the input mic but as long as I can get it to work a bit I'm not bothered.

Cheers for the help.

Inviato Sun 08 Jul 07 @ 6:40 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)