Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Time coded vinyl. How and why.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Forgive me if sounds thick.

Can someone explain to me the use of Time coded vinyls. Why and how. I just read up on them and I sort of get it. But some of the info goes over my head.

I've got a pair of 1210's I would like to use in my set up. But I don't know how. I know I need the pro version first.

Inviato Tue 03 Jul 07 @ 2:07 am
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Put simply, timecode vinyl or cd's are a way of controlling your music or video files on VDJ as if its vinyl or a cd.

You connect your turntable into an external soundcard, and take an output from the soundcard into the mixer where you would normally plug in the turntable.

The external soundcard is connected to your pc/laptop.

You use a timecoded vinyl or cd in a normal way you would play it. Instead of there being music on the vinyl/cd, it has computer code which goes into your laptop through the external soundcard.

VDJ can use this computer code to tell what part of the vinyl the needle is on, or at what part of the cd you are playing or seaching and syncronises this to an MP3 file that you have loaded in VDJ.

This all happens very quickly, and moving the vinyl, or scratching will emulate the same effect of the MP3 thats loaded.

It will also emulate this with any file that VDJ will play, for example videos.

The file loaded into VDJ will react to the speed adjustment on your cd players (for cd) or turntable (for vinyl) so you can mix as you would normally.

I hope this explains roughly how it works.

You will need a soundcard such as a maya44usb with 2 stereo inputs and 2 stereo outputs to use 2 turntables with timecode. There are different soundcards available as well.

I hope this gives you the basic idea of how it works, as for why it works, it just does lol :)

Gary

Inviato Tue 03 Jul 07 @ 2:37 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thank's Gary

I've get it now.

I've got a hercules MK2, would that be ok, Pair of 1210's and a gemini mixer I would like to use. All I have to do is to now is to get the pro version of VDJ.

Cheer's

Inviato Tue 03 Jul 07 @ 2:54 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Tue 03 Jul 07 @ 9:50 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)