Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Remixing music...

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey Gang-

I'm having a hard time remixing some music. I have a friend who plays guitar who cut a CD and would like me remix some of his music to a faster dance remix....I'm looking for the steps to do that...or do anything regular radio music into a dance remix....

I understand you need to timestretch as well as add some effects but it doesn't sound like some of the stuff I hear from other club dj's... Does virtual DJ limit what I can do or am I just not tapping into it far enough?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

Fellow DJ Choch-e

Inviato Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 9:20 pm
you can try getting a beat from another song and looping it into the back round of some song can sound cool if ya get the right beat so simple yet it can sound very good or get sum accapelas and such just a suggestion:)

dj muppetjnr

Inviato Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 9:42 pm
VirtualDj isnt a production program most people who do that use something like acid pro or a music production program. You can like DJ muppetjnr suggests taking an uptempo beat and blend it with the original track if you have some dance instrumentals. you would just have to match up the tempos and see how it sounds together.

Inviato Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 5:25 pm
You can start with using acid to cut the guitar samples into loops. You can then play about with drum loops and such with acid as it's a loop based editor or try your hand at something else. Cubase/Logic etc are popular sequencing programs but if you have no idea what you're doing and don't need a completely professional result FL Studio will get you some decentish results, if not at least it's easier to just generally have fun with this program! You'll need some good VSTi plugins as well to create synths with. You could use the 3x OSC plugin in FL Studio; I remembered liking Albino for basslines and Vanguard ReFX for the synths.

Or just do a mashup in acid, easy, quick and fun :)

Inviato Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 6:03 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)