Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Some karaoke help - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Need assist on getting karaoke to show up on second screen.
Extensions already have .zip karaoke/cdg/zip decoder
Went to display settings in windows, and set up extend desktop to this monitor.
When I try to play karaoke it does not show up on the second screen.
Also I get "error in video driver" This is a bit strange as I have 2 seperate systems that this is happening on.
Got to be something simple that I am missing.
Anyone have some advice please?

Inviato Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 9:32 pm
config/video then click activate then click your graphics card in the dropdown ......

Inviato Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 9:36 pm
Did that. get video driver error. THis happens on both systems.
Funny thing is If I reboot it shows up on the 2nd screen.

Inviato Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 9:41 pm
do you have the codec ?

Inviato Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 9:50 pm
yep
they show up in the extensions.

Inviato Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 9:52 pm
i wish i could be more help .... the only other thing i can think of is ....... isn't there some trick about how you unzip the files ?? or where you put them ?? do you have to rename them after you unzip ??

i'm racking my concrete like cranium trying to remember some of the karaoke posts ...... well put in a ticket ....

i think it's something simple also ......

Inviato Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 10:01 pm
Appreciate your help.
Files have been in place for a while. Used them a while back. Everything was
okay. I'm sure someone here will be able to come up with answer.
Thanks

Inviato Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 10:04 pm
try clicking the crossfade full left or right for the corresponding deck ??

Inviato Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 10:17 pm
Yep again.
don't understand it as it worked about 1 1/2 months ago. Nothing changed.

Inviato Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 10:18 pm
sorry dude i'm a beginner at video , and the last time i did karaoke i was using cd's.......

Inviato Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 10:18 pm
Again, thanks.
I think I will give up for now. Just meed to get this up and running as I have a gig
this Sat with karaoke.

Inviato Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 10:21 pm
good luck

Inviato Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 10:23 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
bogart wrote :
Did that. get video driver error. THis happens on both systems.
Funny thing is If I reboot it shows up on the 2nd screen.

Are you saying that after you make the setting changes then reboot - everything works as expected?

One thing to remember is that it is preferred to have all 2nd Monitor/Outputs hooked up and configured prior to boot and launch of VDJ. During the boot process if the monitor is not hooked up then the system (desktop/laptop) may not configure for it's use properly.

Again, does everything work fine after your set it up and reboot before using VDJ?

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 12:18 am
cstoll
No it does not work after reboot. Hooked up everything first. Turned tv then booted system.
Went to display and choose 2nd monitor. Clicked extend desktop to 2nd monitor, then clicked ok.
Opened vdj and tried to play a karaoke file. Got the error msg. It will not extend tv. The codecs are already there from before. What the heck am I doing wrong. Again this happens on 2 different systems.

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 12:36 am
When you extend your monitor to the second display, does your Windows desktop extend to it? Are you able to drag for example a Media Player window there and correctly view the video in fullscreen?

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 12:41 am
Andrew87
When I boot up system the windows screen comes up on both screens. But when fully booted
the 2nd screen is on with the windows theme but it does not look like the system screen.
Sorry do not understand how to drag media player to 2nd screen.

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 12:53 am
That's ok, as long as you're getting some output on the second screen - which it sounds like it's working as it should. So the problem is. If you start the computer with the second screen attached and try using VDJs Karaoke feature, you get video driver error. But when you reboot the machine it will work fine? When you get this video driver error, can you see your desktop in the second screen or is it black?

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 1:01 am
No upon rebooting it does not work.
Here is an update. I just went back again and changed the screen resolution for the 2nd monitor(TV) and voila. it is working.
I don't remember that happening before.
All appears ok for now, just hope it stays this way.
Thanks a bunch guys.

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 1:09 am
Glad you got it sorted. Just out of interest, what resolution were you running the second screen when the karaoke didn't work and what resolution are you running now? May be a useful feature if the developers could allow one to change the resolution of the second output via VDJ itself to avoid such errors.

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 1:13 am
Oops I really did not pay too much attention to the first resolution. I changed it to 1024 X 768.
That is pretty weird that the screen resolution would give me the video driver error.

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 1:17 am
69%