Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DJM800 and Virtual DJ ?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

DJHomaHome userMember since 2006
Hello my friends..

I want to ask you if there is any way to configure DJM800 with virtual dj... is it possible to do so..?

Thank you in advance

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 5:28 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you need a 4.1 or greater soundcard , to provide the sound

use the config

inputs : none
outputs : external mixer
Card : 4.1

1/2 right 3/4 left

to use it as a contoler

you will need to use it with a midi cable or usb cable

and map it via , midi mapping

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 1:08 pm
DJHomaHome userMember since 2006
Thank you sir.. nice review.. Indeed thats the answer that i wanted but i came accross of a new idea..

Is there anyway to use the mixer as actual midi controler without using a soundcard.. Actually what i mean is that can the sound get out from the mixer(DJM800)..?

I came accross to an idea..
The idea i have but not actually know if it's working is the following..
Step by step:

1)get a midi to usb adapter.. connect the midi on the mixer and the usb to laptop/pc
2)make the above adjustments ALMOST as skyfxl said
3)get an audio cable which connects to a usual laptop/pc soundcard and an outs to RCA wires (white and red) and connect the output to the mixer..

Is that possible... i don't know if i make it clear what i mean but i hope i did so..
Thank you in advance

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 8:54 pm
oxidaxHome userMember since 2006
What if i dont have a Midi to Usb cable and i just want to use the RCA Cables??

Inviato Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 2:24 pm
DJHoma,
The Midi connection on the DJM-800 does not support functioning as an audio device.

Inviato Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 4:21 pm
oxidaxHome userMember since 2006
i need to use a DJM800 as a Mixer not as a controller how can ai do that?? i dont have midi stuff and i want to know if i can use the djm800 in the virtual dj as a mixer without midi

Inviato Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 5:04 pm
SkiHogPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Homa: You can take the sound output of your PC to the DJM800 no problem, but you have to have a sound card in the PC. You can not send music back into VDJ, unless you are using Timecode Vinyl/CD, or if you are trying to record/broadcast then you can go from the main/monitor outs of the DJM800 into your sound cards line in, and VDJ will allow you to broadcast that sound.

oxidax: Yes you can, I do. I just run my sound out of my sound card into the different channels of the DJM800. You have to configure your vdj sound settings to have an external 2-line or 3-line mixer (if you want samples on a seperate channel)...and then I'd recommend disabling the crossfader in the vdj settings. If you are going to mix video then it is very handy to map the DJM800 crossfader to the VDJ video crossfader...but that is really the only MIDI control I use for VDJ. All the rest is done through the mixer, and using TCCDs.

--DJ Drew

Inviato Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 2:19 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)