Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: zip problems

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

ConawayPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am having problems with zip karaoke files on my new laptop (dell inspiron E1705). I cannot event get anything to show up in the browser so my zip files are completely unrecognized.
I added zip under the Codecs tab for karaoke cdg/zip decoder, in the Virtual DJ config, and cdg is there by default. The same zipped files work on my other desktop computer with Virtual DJ.
Did I forget something?
This laptop is running Windows Vista. It has 2 gig of ram and a Nvida GeForce Go 7900 Gs Video card with 256 mb of dedicated ram.
Help

Inviato Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 8:38 am
spool32PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Same problem here, one thing i'd like to note though is that i'm using the Trial Mode right now. I've tried on both of my machines, one is XP Pro and the other is Vista Ultimate. Both are Core DUO 1.8 and 2.0 with 2g of ram etc.

I notice that the trial version is 4.2 and not the latest 4.3, was it just enabled in the last released that isnt the trial version or is there something that we have to do to enable the .zip functionality?

BTW, I've been attempting to run Swift Elite 4.0 on vista and there is a whole lot to be desired. I want to try VDJ because I do a little of both videos and karaoke and I know VDJ is far better at video.

Inviato Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 11:36 am
spool32PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Sorry, i'm notorious for this.. i found the answer in another thread when someone mentioned mapping the codec.

You need to go to the codec tab of the configuration and add a new one "zip" and assign it to the cdg/zip codec.

Inviato Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 11:52 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
On Vista, you have to install the last version of Winzip (trial version) in order to correct a "bug" (or "feature" as it depends of the point of view) in Vista
You can remove Winzip after that installation as Vista will keep the change.

It took us a long time to find that. Thanks to Microsoft lol

Inviato Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 1:45 pm
Thanks for the response.
I installed the latest version of winzip (11.1) and it still didn't work. So I uninstalled it and I still have the same problem, the songs don't show up in the browser.

As I mentioned above, I added a new zip under the Codecs tab and assigned it for karaoke cdg/zip decoder.

Help

Inviato Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 6:22 pm
I also noticed that all the zipped songs show up as folders in the explorer on the left and don't show up in the browser on the right, where as they should not show up on the left and should show up in the browser on the right.

Help

Inviato Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 6:57 pm
@djcel surely uninstalling winzip will remove any changes? What is this bug you speak of? Assuming you need elevated access to use the internal zip utility, wouldn't running VDJ as admin correct any issues.

Or is this the issue:
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article03-202

Inviato Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 7:14 pm
Thanks so much Andrew87.
I checked out the link and installed vistaunzip.reg and everything is working fine.
What this does is it turns off compressed folders (built it support for ZIP files). Now I will not be able to open any zip files on this computer without installing a utility to manage these folders.
I wonder if there is another way to do this?

Inviato Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 7:47 pm
Try 7-zip or IZArc. They're a lot more powerful than Windows' own built in zip utility and freel. 7-zip as a format is getting a lot more popular too, so I would recommend one of these utilities.

Inviato Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 8:08 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Inviato Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 8:22 pm
IZArc works great. Now I'm all set!
Thank you everybody for your help:)

Inviato Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 8:42 pm
Hi Guys

I am using 4.2 Trial version and non of these solutions have worked on my new Gateway Vista OS . Spent over 24 hours unzipping then rezipped alnight and tried the suggestions. Just downloaded the file from MS and restarted . To test i unzipped a file and zipped agin but not working. In the un zipped format it works. Any more advise would be a great help.

Thanks

Chris

Ps . Tried the process on two pc's

Inviato Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 4:12 pm
Hi . I have posted this very same incidence of this problem today with out any success. Has this problem actually been resolved in the latest addition of Virtual Dj , before i decide to buy.

Inviato Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 7:25 pm
The problem has been resolved with the new version but the only problem is that today i paid nearly £200 for the software and i am told the serial number or my email is invalid the very same i sent to me. Come on guys i have a business to run and cant afford time waiting for my inquiry ticket to be read. Where is the support when you need it as no telephone number is supplied?

I had an email from my PCDJ advising that PCVJ is ready for download and sale and its a PCVJ skin on Virtual software. Whne i tried to purchase at the upgrade price i am told i can not download for the UK. Uks only dealer can not help me as they have not had it shipped to them. This is typical of PCDJ or should i say Digital1. I can understand now why due to the failiures of PCDJFX they have used the foundation of VJ.

Inviato Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 6:03 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)