Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: auto saving database [DONE]

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

co0ldjPRO InfinityMember since 2003
hey... can u put this option :
save database on exit [Enable,Disable]
cz it takes alot of time ( cz having about 17000 track) and each time i exit i will need about 20 to 30 sec to fulli exit from the VDJ
10x

Inviato Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 11:29 am
any one there ?

Inviato Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 9:18 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
co0ldj wrote :
each time i exit i will need about 20 to 30 sec to fulli exit from the VDJ

I have over 60000 tracks and it doesn't take that long to exit. The problem you are experiencing is most likely do to the write speed to your local hard drive. Sounds like you need to defrag your local drive C:

Inviato Sun 15 Jul 07 @ 4:38 pm
i remember there being a way because i've accidently disabled it once. can't remember how.

if you know a bug, that will help you exit through crash. or, "ctrl+alt+del" end program.

i thought it was in options, but it's not there anymore. it's not in the registry tool either.

i know there is a way.

aside from that. the save database does more than just save music library. it saves the settings and playlist history.

dj shahar
www.djshahar.com

Inviato Sun 15 Jul 07 @ 8:08 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
If you want to do defrag, do it from Safemode in Windows or turn off Page file, that way the files will be on the fastest position on Hard disk.

Inviato Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 12:45 am
well i think using ctrl+alt+del will solve the problem 10x :)

Inviato Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 6:21 am
i wouldnt ctrl alt del cus u will loose all the settings and cues that u may have just made in that session.but if u make a keyboard short cut thats would be a differant story but i have 30000 song on here and it just takes a second. saving database pops up and it shuts down faster than i can type it.

but at the same time 20-30 seconds inst that long just wait for it

Inviato Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 11:58 pm
ya i know that.. but the problem is that here in lebanon the electricti is ON and OFF many times per day.. and the UPS is kind of axhousted :S that is the problem.. nothing else. cz it happened with me while trying to exit from vdj and the electricity was off and i was just using the ups ( DESKTOP computer )and the computer shut down without completly saveing the DB... therfore my DB was broken and have nothing in it... but i had a BACK up for it. so it's OK

Inviato Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 12:22 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
rockinrossco wrote :
i wouldnt ctrl alt del cus u will loose all the settings and cues that u may have just made in that session.but if u make a keyboard short cut thats would be a differant story

If you mean shortcut to save the database there is one, try "save_database" or something like that...

Inviato Sat 21 Jul 07 @ 1:37 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
VirtualDJ v5.0 has now a database which works in real time

Inviato Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 8:15 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)