Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Volume of Desk 1. vs. Volume of Desk 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey guys. Got a question. For some reason when i fade from desk 1 to desk 2 there is a substantial difference in volume. I never used to have this problem. The other day i recorded and I noticed it was quite different from one to the other. Since then, I checked my control panel to make sure the balance was in check. I checked to see if the auto gain was turned on, it was. What else could I check? I never had this problem before.

Inviato Tue 05 Oct 04 @ 2:39 pm
hyte1Home userMember since 2004
Do you use an external mixer? I have a slight drop in sound on channel two when using my mixer.

Inviato Thu 07 Oct 04 @ 4:04 pm
I HAD THE HERCULES ONE TIL THE OTHER DAY... SO I STARTED MIXING W THE VDJ AND NOTICED THIS... BIG DROP...
I UNDERSTAND I CAN LOWER GAIN +/- MANUALLY HOWEVER IM PRETTY SURE THAT THIS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE... THE SYSTEM WAS AWESOME BEFORE.. STILL IS... JUST WONDERING HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT THIS... IM NOW GOING FOR THE TIME CODED VINYL..

Inviato Thu 07 Oct 04 @ 6:26 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
First of all, turn off your caps lock!!!

When using 2 different sound devices, it's not unusual that one might be somewhat louder than the other. Use your windows volume settings to keep them similar. I know that when I use my xp-10 as one sound device, and my onboard sound as my 2nd channel, I have to turn down the xp-10 by about 30% to keep them similar.

Inviato Thu 07 Oct 04 @ 8:36 pm
OK.. WHAT IS CAPS LOCK??? right now im just using the VDJ w/o anything external... sold the hercules. back to basic VDJ 2.03--- thanks

Inviato Thu 07 Oct 04 @ 10:43 pm
I think he means Caps lock on the keyboard!!! Make sure its off!!

I know this might be obvious but are the MP3's louder than each other? Try it using the same mp3 on both decks and see if they are the same?

I take it you have only one sound card also?

Inviato Fri 08 Oct 04 @ 10:23 am

"OK.. WHAT IS CAPS LOCK???"

lol...

Inviato Fri 08 Oct 04 @ 3:00 pm
thanks for the heads up... and yes i didnt know if that key caps lock is a key that activates or deactivates something.
thats all.. im not ignorant. but it's alot of lingo im not used to.

Inviato Fri 08 Oct 04 @ 3:39 pm
lol its easy to forget that not countrys keyboards are the same!

Inviato Fri 08 Oct 04 @ 3:46 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)