Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: TURNTABLES

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

httppsHome userMember since 2007
JUST BOUGHT A SET OF NUMARK TURNTABLES TT1625 HOW CAN I SCRATCH MY MP3 WITH THE TURNTABLES ALSO CAME WITH A MIXER NUMARK DM 950????

Inviato Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 3:16 am
first, you should of got technics 1200s, second you need a soundcard to connect your mixer to.
read the manual.

Inviato Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 7:29 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
You need a 4in 4 out audio card and Time Code Vinyl that you can order from the "buy" page on this site

Inviato Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 9:36 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
and u need to get pro for full benefit of timecode..:)) You can get discount for it..and also u could buy VV. Came with 2tcv n 2tccd plus a soundcard..

Inviato Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 9:45 am
well dont listen to alpha b/c altho technics are good they aren't all they said to be.. and besides if u didn't get it u must not have the money right ? wouldn't u think so ? :-p thx god for a brain!

if ur mixing music it dont matter what u get basically once it has a decent motor for torque and not some crap ass gemini or something tables. if ur scratching the ones u have prob can do good with butter rugs v2.

I myself screw n chop music, and also scratch (ima turntablist) which requires every type of technique you can do ona turntable (unlike mixing which requires nothing special). I use numark tt-100's with butterugs and I'd rather that than 1200's b/c i have a -20% pitch unlike the 8% i seen on technics in person... and for screwing i need 20%.

I heard someone say u can have 2 in, and 2 out to use timecodes dunno where 4 in and 4 out came from unless he means 2 left channels and 2 right in and out but that's stupid to call them ins' and outs

Inviato Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 2:26 am
as long as your not a microwave dj, its ok

Inviato Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 2:39 am
4 ins/4 outs = mono
2ins/2 outs = stereo

so when your looking at a soundcard you will likely have RCA inputs (mono inputs) so you would require 4 (2 Left and Right channels) as well as the same for outputs

If your soundcard are using 1/4 or 1/8 Jacks most out today are stereo so you don't need to worry about running mono cables.

Inviato Sun 15 Jul 07 @ 2:39 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
If technics ain't as as good as they are suppose to be, why have they been around for at least 25 years.

Other companies have tried but the 1210's are still the best.

Inviato Sun 15 Jul 07 @ 4:14 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
With all due respect to previous posters, the tt100 has less torque than my watch. The Technics are still the best. hands down.

Inviato Sun 15 Jul 07 @ 4:31 am
I disagree... I spent more for the gemini special edition pt-2400 tt's 5 years ago... they were marketed as having 7% more torque than 1200's. fastest starting tables I've ever used. one night DJ red alert was at a local club I was working at, and he was on the house system. one of the tables just wouldn't work, so i ran to my apartment and got mine... he commented at the end of the night that they were the gutsiest decks he'd ever used. I prefer them over the 1200's any day... I paid more, and got exactly what i wanted... 1/2 beat start from a dead stop, pitch bend buttons, and LCD readout.

1200's are awesome, but gemini, vestax, and other companies have all come out with far more pleasing decks in the past 6 or so years... technics just keeps milking the old image. it works for them...

I just think it's cool that they have compact size tables, master tempo with vinyl, and other cool tools... technics still just makes a plain old turntable.

I think it's funny to see a crappy turntableist with 12's and some $1300.00 mixer, then someone walks in with radio shack decks and schools their ass... it's not the gear, it's the DJ....

the TT100 is fine for timecode.... not the highest torque available by any means, but it will spin a record, and that's all that matters.

technics makes a bulletproof turntable, and i'm not downing on it at all... just stating that there's plenty of comparable brands out there.

if you're a label whore thinking you're gonna' earn instant street cred based on the gear you use, then go all technics... if you want functionality, try everything out there. my bet is that you decide on something other than 1200's.

Inviato Sun 15 Jul 07 @ 5:40 am
exactly steve everyone likes techs b/c they ahve good rep. to me they look soo plain and old school (not good hiphop old school just old like your parents table), then like I said 8% pitch.. i can't screw with that its useless (altho alot of famous S&C people like watts and og ron c use technics 1200's, but then they have to run the music through the computer and i aint doing that i do it on tables real time no editing here)

gemini and i think vestax has a nicer table.. i think both (or at least gemini) has an autobrake adjustment so you can get the brake you want.. and it had like 36 or 50% pitch adjustment... a technics just has nice motor and good platter. But then i seen better platters 2.

yes the tt100 has low torque but i learned alot more than having 1200's using it. more technique, more skill... and i got butter rugs which makes the torque not matter unless ur a battle scratch dj. If your anything else a tt100 will suffice with butterrugs .. but i'd tell u to get at least ttx's.. they are also better in presentation appearence and bonuses than 1200's

@dj whitedevil.. yeah about that mono. I was gnona get a maya44 but i might not now.. the maya ex5 has 2 headphones (one has fiber optic red light), mic in, and line in.. then 2 spdif (in/out) and 3 outs (front, rear, and something). The line takes stereo so I just put an adapter (1/8") i didn't know line could do stereo as the mic input doesn't.. just line. I use this with an american audio audio genie (2 in 2 out rca) for the other table and the vdj timecodes work swell.. i just have to finish up and get both tables seperately to my mixer

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry baalpeteor no email address is allowed from a demo user

Inviato Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 11:11 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)