Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: where should the dma buffer

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

be set @?

Basically after messing around with settings I've learned that if i change this setting in the delta card....that it reflects the performence settings in vdj.

Whats is the correct setting for the sound card so that the information like latency & etc will be correct in vdj?

Inviato Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 3:17 am
^

Inviato Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 7:04 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Set your card up to what ever settings you desire. Just make sure you use the AUTO option in the Latency drop-down. This signals VDJ to use the cards settings.

Inviato Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 7:58 pm
theres gotta be a standard for this so that vdj settings will be accurate. as far as where the software is in terms of performence.

Inviato Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 8:36 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Not sure what you are implying?

Latency DropDown options --
- Auto - Allows user to set the latency values using the hardware's configuration software.
- Any other setting from DropDown - Overrides the hardware's configuration software and uses the assigned setting in VDJ

Inviato Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 9:08 pm
Your card should be in 44,100hz (44.1khz) mode with the smallest buffersize you can manage without any artifacts in the audio. To test this, turn safe mode off in VirtualDJ and have the latency set to Auto. Keep scratch and mastertempo settings to whatever you require, then attempt to overload the software by loading tracks simultaneously and perform scratches (with keylock on, if you use it normally - and the tracks pitched up/down.

If you experience any pops or clicks, you will need to increase the buffersize in your cards control panel. A useful feature which could be implemented in VirtualDJ would be a little information box under the performance tab telling you how many buffer underruns have occured (most production software features this). This way you will have a clearer indication if you are required to increase buffersize.

Inviato Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 9:21 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
as i understand it the DMA (direct memory access) settings of a PCI device (under device manager for example? not the cards own settings dialouge?) is the clock latency, burst size, memory addresses etc etc. look on their website for the correct settings or re-install the drivers. if changing some of those setting also changes the settings in VDJ this is prety weird but not useful or recomended.............

Inviato Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 9:36 pm
Maybe, I don't think it is related to that though - that sort of thing is almost certainly addressed automatically and non-configurable. A friend of mine has a dawes system with a high-level soundcard (he does audio composition) and the DMA buffersize is directly related to latency.

Buffersize [samples] / (Samplerate [hz] / 1000) = Latency [ms]
e.g. 256 / (44,100hz / 1000) = 6ms latency

Inviato Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 9:47 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)