Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New Lasers - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Bought two new lasers last week, after many hours DMX programming them I've got a video together. Sound & video is as always courtesy of VirtualDJ, it's quite long so grab a coffee and enjoy :-

Inviato Sun 15 Jul 07 @ 7:24 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Tophouse, that one was a top laser show:) nice mates

Inviato Sun 15 Jul 07 @ 8:05 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I DO love lights ;)

Inviato Sun 15 Jul 07 @ 8:27 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
how much did those glorious things set you back i think i must get some they are so cool!

Inviato Sun 15 Jul 07 @ 9:03 pm

Inviato Sun 15 Jul 07 @ 9:16 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
OOoooo shiney....

Inviato Sun 15 Jul 07 @ 10:13 pm
A qouple of quick questions if you have a moment TopHouse?

How bright are they, would they suit larger clubs do you think? (Say 400 people?)

How stable are the scanners, IE when just projecting say a static circle, is the image rock solid, or does there appear to be jiggling or movement in the lines?

Does a circle appear exactly round, or have straight bits?

I agree the red does look darker on the video, is it as noticable in person, IE does green still appear brighter?

Thanks in advance

Kym

Inviato Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 12:35 pm
In Order

Yes, I reckon they would suit a larger club but I'd be tempted to go for something bigger. The disadvatage here is that the best effects are obtained by audience scanning, BUT with more powerful lasers this then becomes a risk to those nearer the lasers.

I'm very happy with the stability of the projections and having owned a number of lasers, these are quite good. Nice round circles.

Yes the red is a little less bright but not to the extent it appears in the video, cameras are just crap at picking up red laser light. Ideally you want a MINIMUM red diode power of 150mw for real nice visibility.

HOWEVER

The lasers look good on the youtube video, if you saw the original DV footage you would be blown away!

Inviato Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 11:05 pm
Thanks for that, will look into it.

Inviato Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 7:45 am
@ Top House

Awesome Laser Show, I have a couple of lares myself, but comparing to these, mine are toys, they are Chauvet Scorpion Lasers 10 mw Fat Beam Technology.

Can you do me a big favor and look on the manual and tell me the manufacturers info, web page, PH #, or something, I know they are made in china, and I think if I go directly to them they will sell me a couple and a lot cheaper, as I'm in Guatemala, C.A. they don't have a distributor.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Inviato Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 5:04 am
Hi Top House

Just gone and bought myself one of the eaxct same lasers, from the same ebay shop as you.

It looks decent for the price, it has Galvo's instead of motor step head which makes it much smoother.
The only thing that slightly concerns me is the angle of projection, it's only 20 degress, that's pretty narrow, do you find that yourself? (considering others boast upto 60 or 70 degrees)

Hopefully we can share some tips over time!

Would be interested to hear any more indepth thoughts you have on the laser.

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 4:37 pm
way cool .....

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 5:05 pm
digimixer wrote :
Hi Top House

Just gone and bought myself one of the eaxct same lasers, from the same ebay shop as you.

It looks decent for the price, it has Galvo's instead of motor step head which makes it much smoother.
The only thing that slightly concerns me is the angle of projection, it's only 20 degress, that's pretty narrow, do you find that yourself? (considering others boast upto 60 or 70 degrees)

Hopefully we can share some tips over time!

Would be interested to hear any more indepth thoughts you have on the laser.

The angle of projection is fine, wait till you get it and have a play in some haze/smoke. You will be blown away. They are great lasers.

Don't suppose you mentioned my name did you? Rob the shop owner is well aware of my exploits with lasers. he actually lives not too far from me.

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 9:46 pm
ConawayPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Great video,
I have a DJ Traximus laser: DJTDJ 100mW RGY which is simular to the one you have. I like it allot.
I just bought two SL-5 50 mw green lasers from ChineseDepartmentStore.com and they link together and synchronize. I am totally impressed with these, they only cost $137. us dollars apiece. These 50 mw green lasers are brighter than I expected and may be boarder line bright for small parties as I live in the US where the laser laws are like 30 years old and need to be updated. I only use them for private parties and if I do ever get ant complaints about the brightness I will have to turn them off. I invested in a LeMaitre Radiance Hazer, which is very pricy, (around $900. US dollars), but I am so glad I bought it as it really is incredible, I picks up the lights and lasers better than anything else. It has a hang time of around 3 hours and barely uses any fluid. It also does not smoke everyone out.
I have yet to use dmx for my lights and am investigating dmx software and controllers.
Your video is inspiring, enjoy those lasers.

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 11:02 pm
@TopHouse

Nope sorry, i didn't mention you i'm afraid. Would he know you by the name 'Top House'?

I'd been considering buying a laser for a while, but my budget is tight and as far as i was aware a laser with Galvo's would simply be out the scope of my budget, until i saw this thread that is!

So thanks for bringing it to my attention!

PS I did actually go for the different casing option to you, you've gone for the cylindrical case, i've gone for the more traditional flat bottom case, but other than that they are exactly the same, the same make and model reference, same spec.

I'll let the Seller know that your post here prompted me to purchase, you'll be in his good books !!

Inviato Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 9:52 am
Yes, he'll know me as both my real name OR as TopHouse. Thanks for the 'up'

Got some nice quality still of mine which show the colours up better. I'll get them uploaded sometime later.

If anyone else wants details of this supplier let me know.

Inviato Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 11:19 am
@Tophouse

You mentioned you spent hours chnaging the patterns/show using DMX.
I haven't got a DMX box at present, are the standard builtin shows (auto Mode) any good?

PS Did you use Virtual DJ for the DMX changes?

Inviato Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 11:53 am
I have a hardware DMX controller. The auto built in patterns are superb but obviously without a DMX controller they are not as "controllable".

ALL the patterns are built in to the lasers. A DMX controller just allows you to select the patterns you want.

Got some still uploaded now here :-

http://www.zen16694.zen.co.uk/laserstills.jpg

Inviato Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 12:07 pm
TopHouse wrote :
I have a hardware DMX controller. The auto built in patterns are superb but obviously without a DMX controller they are not as "controllable".

ALL the patterns are built in to the lasers. A DMX controller just allows you to select the patterns you want.

Got some still uploaded now here :-

http://www.zen16694.zen.co.uk/laserstills.jpg

Nice Pics! - Thanks

I thought you'd also be abe to use DMX to Pan / Zoom / Rotate & Adjust speed also?

Inviato Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 12:44 pm
Yes you can, but again these are already built into the units. You can rotate any pattern, make it spin, zoom in/out, move it horizontally or vertically etc etc but the actual patterns are built into the laser. They even do the dancing baby!

Inviato Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 12:54 pm
51%