Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Vista & VDJ

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Sorry for making yet another thread regarding this, but every thread I have read has had multiple issues. Can someone do a write up of what all has been experienced? Reason I ask is my laptop is on it's deathbed and now might need to go with Vista *sigh*.

I am going to attempt to remove Vista from the new laptop and install XP from the installation disc for the old one since they will both be Toshibas. Not sure if it'll work though and want to work out any bugs before I get the new unit. Thanks so much!

Inviato Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 1:57 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
well for me i have had no problems

infact its helped boost my video card and soundcards performance with its new video and sound API

and aslo on my old testing laptop it was able to run video on a shared card , on xp it never loaded :)

the only thing to keep in mind is that u need drivers for all ur existing gear such as controlers and soundcards best to check if their vista compatable with the microsoft upgrade advisor tool

Inviato Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 2:05 am
If you're running your Vista system with User Account Control turned on (a recommended security feature) you will need to run VirtualDJ as administrator whether you are in an administrator account or not. Some older cards such as the Soundblaster Live series do not have official support from their manufacturers are require unofficial drivers. Driver support for your laptop with Vista may be good if you have a business model, check on Toshiba's website for updates. Out of the box, Vista has some quite good compatibility anyway.

Personally I switched back from Vista to XP. I found XP to be a lot faster and I preferred the interface, yes really.

Inviato Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 3:03 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Andrew87 wrote :
Personally I switched back from Vista to XP. I found XP to be a lot faster and I preferred the interface, yes really.

Me too, Vista is crying for some Service Pack ;)

Inviato Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 12:34 pm
Well, being I am not looking to spend 100+ bucks to go back to XP when I get my new lappy, going to try and work out any bugs in Vista.

I am running a Hercules MK2 fwiw

Inviato Tue 17 Jul 07 @ 1:54 am
Sky,
What video card is on your old test laptop. Just curious?

Inviato Tue 17 Jul 07 @ 6:51 am
one of the worst 32 mb shared intel intergrated graphics cards

Inviato Tue 17 Jul 07 @ 12:10 pm
DJ CHOPSTIX wrote :
Well, being I am not looking to spend 100+ bucks to go back to XP when I get my new lappy, going to try and work out any bugs in Vista.

fax microsoft and ask for a refund on the os or call their support and explain u want the cash for xp

and they should help

Inviato Tue 17 Jul 07 @ 12:11 pm
skyfxl wrote :
DJ CHOPSTIX wrote :

fax microsoft and ask for a refund on the os or call their support and explain u want the cash for xp

and they should help

Hmmm.. might try that.

Inviato Tue 17 Jul 07 @ 10:46 pm
"Micro$oft" and "refund" are 2 words that can't go together ;)

Inviato Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 12:23 pm
we did manage to get them to refund us an included copy of media center in the past to buy xp

Inviato Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 9:02 pm
That is unbelievable, LOL.

Inviato Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 6:43 pm
About Vista: I noticed that my MP3s are loaded much faster then in XP, absolutly no problems with VDJ. I think if your ASIO driver works well with Vista VDJ shouldn`t be the problem at all

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 9:24 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)