Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: controller / soundcard for mac

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

aaronxHome userMember since 2007
Hey guys, i'm interested in buying VDJ as well as a basic hardware setup for bedroom DJing
i have a friend in canada who has used VDJ for some time now and loves it and i've been waiting a year or more for the mac version.
i don't have alot of money for gear but i'd like your input on controllers and soundcards. heres what i'm looking at:
DJ console mk2 - looks promising, but lacks decent mixer functions
BCD2000/3000 - looks good and good price but it seems there are lots of problems from what i've read
numark TC - amazing, but costly and from what i can tell no soundcard
shuttlepro/equivilent - cheap but simple, but cheap enough to leave money for a mixer and sound card

so if i get the total control or a simple programmable USB device like the shuttlepro what soundcards do you guys recommend.
also if i do get a shuttlepro whats a decent mixer thats fairly cheap. if i get a decent sound card i don't need the mixer to control VDJ at all.

Inviato Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 7:57 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
do you wish to use timecoding?

Inviato Thu 19 Jul 07 @ 8:16 pm
no, not for now at least. if i pick up on it well and acually was getting gigs paid or not then i would probally slowly upgrade my system anyway. no to time coded, i just want something other than my laptop keyboard and trackpad.

Inviato Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 12:45 am
the features i'm looking for at this point are, decent mixer, buttons that make it easy to control the program and i need to preview upcoming tracks. thats about all i need, no scratching at this point, i don't do videos, no timecoded, i just want to start off slow and once i know what i'm doing i'll see what fits my style of mixing.

Inviato Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 7:26 am
at good combo is the numark total control and numark dj/io you aslo get a free copy of numark cue home edition with the console

Inviato Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 11:21 am
I only have USB1.1 on both of my laptops so i'm down to one stero channel on the djio.
could i still moniter tracks by plugging in headphones to my laptop and then have the DJ/IO run what i want others to hear and the mic?
i have 2 g4 laptops an older 12" an a 17" the 12" doesn't have a PC slot so i can't even upgrade it to 2. if i wanted, where with the 17" i just have to upgrade my operating system to run VDJ.

Inviato Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 8:26 pm
hum , how much ram do they have and what processor speed it may be a bit slow with a g4

Inviato Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 8:34 pm
ones about 800 Mhz with 384 ram the other is 1.5 gz with a gig of ram i can still put another gig in.
The slower 12" is going to run it first since its has 10.4 already but the 17" will be upgraded soon and if i were to acually Dj anythign even a small party for friends i'd be using the 17" i'm short on money for a little while and i don't plan on DJing in front of anyone till i get alot better so i can deal with any small skipping or problems with my audio untill then.

Inviato Sat 21 Jul 07 @ 7:28 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)