Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 3 small questions

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

aaronxHome userMember since 2007
first XP or vista? obviously if vista will work well i'm better running it.

Laptop or microtower? sure laptops are nice but for 1/3 of the price i can get a better system building my own micro tower. is it really worth it?

dual soudcards. If i bought a USB soundcard like the DJ IO (wich only runs single output with USB1.1) could i plug headphones into my laptop for cueing and previewing and have the card handle the main out?

Inviato Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 10:11 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
vista is good for audio and video if your hardware supports it

i find that microtowers can perform better , aslo u can easily upgrade parts for future expandablity

the dj /io has a headphone jack u can use to preview direct with

Inviato Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 11:20 pm
thanks,
if i start djing for real i'll need a better setup than the laptop i have now, and i don't want to spend $3000 on a new one when what i have is fine aside from VDJ. so i building a micro tower would work well since its still small, but cheaper and more powerful, also since i'll be building it i'll just make sure everything i buy has vista support.

so on the dj io, even if its plugged into usb 1.1 i can still preview through the headphones jack and send somethign else through output 1? it says single channel only so i assumed it meant output one only and the headphones are labeld (from output2)

DJIO aside if i hook up any USB soundcard can i preview tracks on my built in soundcard and headpnone jack and send my mix out the usb soundcard?

Inviato Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 1:13 am
features :

USB 2.0 Connection will work on 1.1 but slower
2 RCA Outputs
Mic Input with Gain
Headphone Output

with virtual dj pro you can use two cards ie a built in soundcard and the usb for main yes

Inviato Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 1:25 am
What I would recomend for the Dj I/O if you are going to build a minitower, then buy USB 2.2 in DJ I/O case it won't work slower, it just won't work, for cueing, only for main out, now, you can use the on board sound card, but then, what's the point of having 2 sound cards, just to many things for me, if you haven't buy the SC yet, I would recomend the Sound Blaster Live 24 bits PCI, it is affortable ( $49.99 ) and it sounds great, front and rear outs, and if you have a 3 channels mixer you can output the samplers in the center channel also.

Inviato Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 2:22 am
Ya i would have usb2.0 if i built one, and i would get a 5.1 card so i could use a 3 channel mixer in the future.
I currently have 2 mac laptops. one is squeaking past min sys req. and the other doesn't have osx 10.4 but if i got the DJIO it would be for running on my laptops. i'm just now getting into jding. I've been waiting for VDJ on mac. for now i'm fine with what i have, but i do want a decent setup for bedroom djing shortly after i get vdj. and if things go well and i need a faster more reliable set up to handle videos and what not, than i'll build something that will be used 80% just for DJing.

Inviato Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 5:25 am
most usb cards should now all be 2.0 any ways when purchasing , its not that expensive

Inviato Mon 23 Jul 07 @ 11:18 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)