Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Xponent - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Guys I bought an Xponent I am interested in anyone that has managed to get this unit up and working with VDJ.
VDJ looks an interesting package. And having fettled with it on a friends machine I'm quite interested in a purchase however only if its supporting my hardware.

many thanks

Free4

Inviato Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 4:41 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You can map it since it is a MIDI device. Native support will be soon added. In the mean time, why don't you try it with the demo:
http://www.virtualdj.com/download.html
Hope to see ya soon with us ;)

Inviato Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 12:33 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
all functions should work apart from the volume and some other Leds on the unit which a native mapper is needed.

Inviato Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 12:53 pm
SKYFXL
Could you confirm me that if I buy VDJ PRO I will be able to map all the buttons and especially jogwheels(I love mix my songs by making a little scratch...)? If I don't manage to map the jogwheels would you help me or tell me how to do it?

Inviato Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 12:34 pm
how to midi map

hope that helps:)

if you want to be sure it works on your system try it with the demo first :)

Inviato Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 1:37 pm
What you show seems to be for the button but how it is for the jogwheel? Could you also do a print screen?I just have to touch the jogwheel and he will know learn then permit me to scratch by holding and turning or and seek the song by turning by the side?

Inviato Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 1:56 pm
for that look for on the "all" list

Stratch and experiment with the value you would like , il post some shots when i get a moment :)

Inviato Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 3:58 pm
Could someone who has Xponent and VDJ PRO post its mapping of the xponent or just confirm that he can scratch?I wouldn't like to have a bad surprise cause there is only skyfxl who say that it works

Inviato Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 4:53 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
It will work with next release of VirtualDJ. Trust me, I've already added a temporary support for it with a plugin, but only Pro+ users can download it. Anyway, it doesn't manage LEDs for now, maybe in a next version if the team lets me do some things.

Inviato Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 6:13 pm
Does your tempory solution permit to scratch and seek the song(as it is possible with torq). You say it's only for pro user but i don't even see the file on the website. Where is it?

Inviato Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 8:29 pm
the reason why you need pro is that home edition doesnt allow for the use of other consoles , or controlers , or midi mapping

learn more here

comparison

Inviato Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 9:09 pm
I know the difference. I am french that's why I think you didn't understand what I meant.
I would like to know "precisly" if :
- We can do good scratchs with the xponent and VDJ PRO?(Are the jogwheel well mapped???)
- Why I don't see the midi mapping file on the website though I can't see the one for vestax vci-100

cause I know that permission for downloading file depends on the version of VDJ you have but even if I don't have pro version I think I should be able to see the file

Please be more precise in your answer. You don't answer well that's why I ask so many question(I have been asking the same question 3 times!)

Inviato Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 10:39 pm
apologies

you need to map them your self on the midi tab as i demonstrated above

to map the jog choose the action stratch and set the value you want ,

this way you can get each button to do exactly what you would like it to , or if a user is willing to share their map thats cool too.

users uploaded the maps they have made ie for the nuo4 , to save others time , if a xponent user would upload their maped file that would be nice of them :) but not crutial so dont worry about it

dont forget you can aslo use the french forum , if it is easier for you

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/29/French_Forum.html

Inviato Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 12:06 am
As usual your answer is unprecise. I still don't have the confirmation xponent jogwheel work well with VDJ PRO. I will wait the future release or any midi mapping post on the website before buying cause i wouldn't like to be disapointed. When for example you say i will have to put the value i want i am afraid...with torq it's just a question of choose the sensibility between 1 and 9. I will wait

Inviato Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 12:33 am
ok , fair enough :)

i will ask the team , if they know what a good value should be for this controler.

Inviato Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 1:20 am
Ok

Download the demo, if you havent already

Go to remote control , tick the midi option , hit options and add

to Set the jog wheels to just jog ,

start with the right jog , on the drop down menu choose ON Deck one , and press "auto"
repeat with the other jog

OR , to Set for Sratching , go to remote control , tick the midi option , hit options and press add

on this menu , start with jog 1 , choose On Deck 1
expermiment with values , in steps of 5 ,

i will ask what is recommended for this aslo.

Inviato Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 1:46 am
The result is horrible....! I think I will wait the next release. As i supposed the one who said it was fully supported....had better buy the xponent and test it by themselves

Inviato Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 8:51 am
Thanks anyway...
Just a little precision....when you hit the jogwheel for the midi learnig, the little thing "value" disappear and is replaced by 2 option :absolute or relative scale(4096)...all that to say that the 5 by 5 increment isn't possible for the "value" unless you don't touch the jogwheel and so you don't map the action...
please stop say everywhere that xponent works fully unless the leds cause it's false. The jogwheel aren't map correctly at all!

Inviato Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 9:08 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
flashmp3 wrote :
please stop say everywhere that xponent works fully unless the leds cause it's false. The jogwheel aren't map correctly at all!

They work like a charm with my plugin, but it's available only for Pro+ users.

Inviato Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 7:27 pm
thanks TexZK for the input :)

Inviato Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 7:54 pm
59%