Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What is your dj setup ? - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

My setup is 2 pioneer cdj 1000 mk3's and the mixer is a pioneer djm 500 inside a marathon flight case with a built in laptop stand. I am using virtual dj 4.3 and the interface is a m-audio connectiv and a dell turion 64 x2 2.0ghz and external HD for 60 gigs of music

Inviato Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 6:22 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Good hardware, but you'd better buy this amazing software mate ;)

Inviato Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 11:02 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I second that, with all that gear you just need VDJ Pro ;)

Inviato Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 2:27 pm
My cousin is a registered user and he lets me use his laptop to dj. Thats what i ment when i was typing in the top about what i have. Even though it says that i not registred, i really joined this site to give some good tips on what good equipment is available and good speakers.

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 8:54 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
And the license is single user so what you are doing (using your cousin's setup) is illegal.

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 11:27 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Even u help in the forum (that's gd) but still u are no different as other unlicensed user.. it just not rite what u are using is not legally urs. Get urself a licensed man:))

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 11:49 am
CalienteNYC wrote :
My setup is 2 pioneer cdj 1000 mk3's and the mixer is a pioneer djm 500 inside a marathon flight case with a built in laptop stand. I am using virtual dj 4.3 and the interface is a m-audio connectiv and a dell turion 64 x2 2.0ghz and external HD for 60 gigs of music

You have 1000.00s of dollars vested in all the other eqp and you mise on the 300.00 item that puts the whole thing together.

I don't see the logic or you really don't have this eqp.

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 7:25 pm
Look forward to hearing some good tips from you then, if that is why you joined.

My tip to you though is to buy the software.

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 7:47 pm
Just another guy jumping up and down yelling, "look at me, I don't have to pay for the software".

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 8:16 pm
The man is just using his cousins laptop for DJ'ing, they probably share it, and he wants to conversate about DJ'ing, why are you sweating him so much, his cousin paid for it, that's like your mom sharing a chocolate bar with you, that SHE bought lol ..and post some pics dude that sounds like a sweet setup

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 8:20 pm
Another small mind. Let me see if I can find some small words so you can understand. If everyone let their cousins and friends use the software, how do the guys that made it get paid? How do they keep making innovations, and giving us free upgrades, if no one pays for the software? Get It Yet?

I'm sorry for using one big word (innovations). You can use Websters Dictionary to find the meaning. Take your cousin so he can learn also.

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 8:29 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
That's true. If one person had all users on this forum as friends, VDJ would be bought only once!

sorry, it can't go that way.

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 8:36 pm
For what you get for the money... it's well worth the investment. Maybe version 5 will have a security lock ( dongle ) and would only be shipped- wouldn't that suck. HMMM and the price would go up as to cover the cost of everthing.

but the bright side would be no hackers and people could always download the 3.0 - 3.4 ver that hasn't been out since floppy drives. That way people can still feel like they are getting over on man ( damn the man )

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 9:24 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
fatkatzdj wrote :
Maybe version 5 will have a security lock ( dongle ) and would only be shipped- ... and the price would go up as to cover the cost of everthing.

Nice idea fatkatzdj:).. That would really raise the tempo...

DJSparkxxx01 wrote :
The man is just using his cousins laptop for DJ'ing, they probably share it, and his cousin paid for it

Well, BOTTOMLINE Vdj cant be used by the unregistered person even the registered person permit him cos the license for the software is his n his only.. SO in other werds, what not urs dont use it, that considered stealing NOT sharing.. Nothin is free u koe in this world..

@calientenyc

Nice hardware u have there n do urself a favor, get a license for urself:)
This is a wonderful forum n u always welcome:) Hope to c u pro soon...

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 9:35 pm
fatkatzdj wrote :
Maybe version 5 will have a security lock ( dongle ) and would only be shipped-

Did you just say Dongle? No you didn't. I know you didn't just say dongle. Wait till I see you at the convention. !@#$%^%$#%&^%$# dongle.

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 9:43 pm
so if ive bought a copy of windows xp for my PC and i let my mate on my pc thats illegal right (sorry a little off topic here but i thought you guys would no)

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 10:25 pm
I get it, todays small mind day, and you guys are kidding around. Guys, let me ask a question. If every time you open your mouth, and do do comes out, does that make you an a hole? Losers make excuses, over and over.

Where's the grown up section?

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 11:01 pm
Death_blooms wrote :
so if ive bought a copy of windows xp for my PC and i let my mate on my pc thats illegal right (sorry a little off topic here but i thought you guys would no)

IMHO= yes and no

not for the stand point that the software is on a singe unit... the law understands that some software will be used by multiple users i.e. work / office. But that office should have a copy of XP per computer being used. In our case the DJ software is primarily being used on a professional level ( trading time, effort, value for a monitary return.

The same principle is for the mp3 concept. As a DJ, your supposed to be able to provide proof of ownership with each song you have. So if a friend burned you a copy of a whole CD and you played it a DJ show. Your liable because you don't have the original.

If you tend to make a profit or if the licence is designed for a certain number owners you need to have proof of ownership.

Multi op DJ companies have the biggest problem converting due to this licencing. I used to be one of the owners of 4 for a 28 unit operation covering 3 states. They could not convert digitally due to copy right laws. Even the songs were illegal because they would have 1 -2 licenses but make copy for each unit plus spare for lost or damage. I wanted to go digital so I split.

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 11:10 pm
Can VDJ be bought as a gift? lol I'm being serious here too, like one person buys it, and then gives it to a friend or family member, and the receiver registers the serial code?

Inviato Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 2:06 am
Can you get a car as a gift? or even buy it second hand. Maybe your friend or "cousin" wanted to give the car away because he doesn't need the car anymore.

It doesn't matter how you got the car. The fact remains is that you need to get the old reg/license and re-register the vehicle and most likely pay for a new register to make it legal in your name. Is the process ever easy to change hands, most of the time, NO. You always need multiple forms of proof.

Some may say "it's a way for the government to keep track of you" or you could say it's a way to keep what belongs to you so no one takes what you worked hard for and steals it.

Inviato Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 2:36 am
71%