Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Is there a way? (search directory question)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
HI,

I'll try to make this real simple.

On my main C drive I have a folder called HIP HOP with hip hop MP3s. In that folder I have a sub folder called HIP HOP Party starters with different hip hop MP3s.

In VDJ, in the tree directory on the left, there is a + sign to the left of the HIP HOP folder to show me there is a sub folder.

Just like I want it, no problems.

Here is my question...

Is there a way to search for a song, but when I HI-LITE the HIP HOP folder, it would search that folder and all SUB folders (Party Starters) at the same time?

thanks,

B

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 1:49 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's the Recurse Option - right click on the HIP HOP folder and select Recurse -- now do your search

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 1:51 am
I just hit RECURSE and something happened, but not sure what it did.

can you tell me what recurse is/ does?

Wait- I think I see what it did, it combined the other folders into one or something?

Is this a feature you use temporarily or only for searches?

I'd love to know more

thanks.

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 2:00 am
I use it constantly!
It allows me to BROWSE all the files in a selected folders structure.
And that way I am always searching the selected folder and all it's sub folders.

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 2:07 am
Hey C,

ok I'm a little clearer

DO you

1) Keep it on all the time or
2) Right click recurse EACH time you want to search all sub folders

In other words, it sounds like use it exactly likemy original question, JUST at certain times you want to search sub folders?

then do you shut it off (uncheck it?)

B

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 2:11 am
It's always on -- there is only one situation where I turn it off - and that's when I know there is a file in a specific folder that also has sub-folders. I will turn it off so I get only the files in the folder and not it's sub-folders.

Other than that - ALWAYS ON.

One other note - just remember the larger the structure that it has to drill through the longer it takes to display the info - it's not that bad - but you do see the difference.

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 2:25 am
C-

When you shut down VDJ- the recurse check mark is not on anymore- is this correct?

B

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 2:57 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)