Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Performance Probs

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi out there,

i bought VDJ just two days agao, and i'm experiencing real performance probs. my cpu level is constantly on 100%, even if i'm listening to just one single mp3 without mixing, effects or so.

i've a laptop:

dell 510m (m755 processor = 1,5 GHz)
512 MB RAM

i use a external terratec aureon 7.1 firewire sound card as the mix out channel, and the internal soundcard for prelistening.

i'm running win XP with SP1

does anybody have an idea, why this is happening?
is there a configuration trick?

or is my system really to slow, which i hardly can't believe.

thanks for ypur help, because i'm really addicted to VDJ, and it's disappointing to hear the "cracks" and missing beats.

cheers,
mark

Inviato Sun 10 Oct 04 @ 7:33 am
I've to add: Even when VDJ is started (without playing a file file or any other kind of operation), the CPU is still on 100%.

are there any other users with this phenomena, or is it "normal"?!

please answer quick, cos it's sunday and i want to mix
;-)))

thanks in advance!
mark

pS: yes, i've installed the latest update 2.04

Inviato Sun 10 Oct 04 @ 8:31 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I never had this problem

Inviato Sun 10 Oct 04 @ 8:53 am
PuttePRO InfinityMember since 2004
i had the same problem from the beginning.i started to disable everything in general & fame setting.Tryed a while then starting to enable features ,i think my case it was the time strech that took a lot of cpu and the chart and autoupdate

Inviato Sun 10 Oct 04 @ 9:06 am
Mark_Lambertz: Try going in the configuration panel, under "General" and "FAME", and disable anything you don't really need (like charts and autoupdate). Time stretching too can take up some CPU.

Try disabling everything that can be disabled, and then (if the CPU is not at 100% anymore) re-activate the options one by one, to see which one makes your CPU go up to 100% ;)

macourteau

Inviato Sun 10 Oct 04 @ 11:57 am

Inviato Sun 10 Oct 04 @ 1:23 pm
Hi @ all the posters in this thread,

in the end it seems it's working.

How do I achieved that?

At first: It could have something like a IRQ conflict, since the VGA-Card, the USB Bus and the 1394 (Firewire, my connection) are all on 11.

My Bios does'nt let me configure the IRQs, so this option is gone.

Limiting the FAME algorhythm did affected the skipping/cracking sound.

At first I stopped all uncessary services (Firewall, Network-Adapter), and switch in XP to the "best performance" visual settings.

That did quite a lot - now I'll play with the "hardware acceleration vga" slider, to find my optimal balance.

Thanks for all the tips and tricks,
Cheers,
Mark

Inviato Sun 10 Oct 04 @ 7:31 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)