Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hello please help

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

SkylaxHome userMember since 2007
Ok hmm let me start from the beginning

I have been playing around with Dj softwares for awhile now, Mix Meister , Atomix Virtual DJ, you name it I probably fooled around with it. Now I ve been wanting to get my hands on some real turntables. And the brand I hear is Pioneer and I checked it out and it seemed really good. Now which mixer would you recommend for a beginner like me? I was thinking of the Pioneer DJM 400 to start small. I know the DJM 1000 is out but it s way out of my league money wise. Oh and which turntables are better the real one with vinyls or these other ones pioneer sell. I just mainly want to mix techno trance and house music so insight on all that as well as advice is appreciated. Thank you

Inviato Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 11:53 pm
CD Solution:

- Pioneer CDJ 800 + Pionner DJM400 or Numark DXM 06 mixer + VDJ
(can play real cds & scratch well, and use timecode cd's to control VDJ)

VINYL Solution :

- Numark TT500 (alternatively TT200 if on budget) + Pionner DJM400 or Numark DXM 06 mixer + VDJ
(can play real vinyl and use timecode vinyls to control VD).

CONTROLLER solution:

- Numark ICDX + Pioneer DJM400 or Numark DXM 06 + VDJ
(can play real CD's & scrach ok, controls VDJ directly without the need of timecode).

Those would be my best suggestions for a REAL PRO hardware, at a good price... ;)

And if you have never used vinyls, getting Pioneer CDJS is a better choice.
Easier to learn, less hassle to use... and VERY long lasting hardware.

Hope that helps

Inviato Sun 05 Aug 07 @ 12:03 am

And if you dont have a need to play real CD's at all, get a MIDI controller instead.

Such as Numark TotalControl, Vestax VCI-100 or similar

VERY easy to set up, very easy to carry around at gigs.

Inviato Sun 05 Aug 07 @ 12:05 am
SkylaxHome userMember since 2007
thank you so much!!!!

Also if i wanted to play and use mp3 s to what would you recommend , should i just burn them on a cd or is there some equipment that would be better?

Inviato Sun 05 Aug 07 @ 12:16 am

Well, VirtualDJ plays the MP3's.

So the question is HOW you want to control VirtualDJ.

You can use DJ cd-players with a special timecode CD, that sends a signal to VirtualDJ, and tells the program what you do at the CD players (play,stop, cue, pitch, loop, scratch etc).
And this way the real cd player will control VirtualDJ, and the program will do exactly what you do on the real CD-player.

Same logic with timecode vinyls, only that you use a turntable instead of a CD player.

The above two solutions are real hardware that can ASLO play real music CD's and real music vinyls, if you want.

How to use timecode to control VDJ is demonstarted here, where Dj Gauge uses a special timecode vinyl (its just a data signal on the vinyl), to control Virtual DJ

If you only play mp3's, it can be a better, cheaper and easier solution to get a good MIDI controller.
Such as Numark TotalControl

or other mini controllers ( Vestax VCI-100, Hercules MK2 etc)

Inviato Sun 05 Aug 07 @ 12:28 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)