Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Screen freezes for a couple of seconds!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi

Has anyone experienced occasional screen freezes while playing audio in VDJ 4.3. I am running a brand new 1.8Ghz Sony Vai with 2G of Ram in Vista. (hercules MK2) (all latest drivers installed)

I have not altered any performance settings in options either but everything seems to work fine, audio is fine, just that the screen locks for up to a couple of seconds then catches up with itself. I have not noticed it doing this before and I have had it running for several weeks now. Is it something I could be overlooking??

I as fairly experienced P.C user with a good technical knowledge I have checked the system is not running any software in the background (virus scanners, malware etc) and cant think of anything that maybe causing this nuisence freezing.

Regards
Lee

Inviato Tue 07 Aug 07 @ 8:40 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Things you can try:
Disable all power saving options
Try to find newer video driver
Try Windows XP

Inviato Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 12:16 pm
I have already disabled power saving, video driver is upto date and i dont fancy forking out for another XP licence when Vista should be the way forward.( i have tried running in Xp mode also) I will sit tight for now and wait for the 4.4 update in hope of various bug fixes.

Inviato Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 4:37 pm

Could you check if your graphic card share irq with your soundcard?

I got Vista + VDJ, and there has never been a screen freeze for seconds

Inviato Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 10:51 pm
go to pereformance in virtual dj
and move slider to the left then check safe mode and over clock
this will help\

Inviato Sun 12 Aug 07 @ 11:09 pm
Also, if you have something else running in the background that starts consuming processing cycles the "freezing" will happen. Happens to me sometimes.

Inviato Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 4:40 am
I have been having the same issue also. Is there any performance settings you guys recommmend for the MK2? I have a feeling its when I decided change some of them. Thank You

Inviato Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 1:43 pm
When will there be a less buggy version of 5.0 the bugs in this version is not worth the new features. This software should not freeze, it is a cardinal worry when playing live. This product is suppose to replace turntables and mixers. I have been djing for 30 years and the only thing I had to bring was extra needle cartridges, and I have only had needles fail at a party twice in my whole career. having a back up system is not an exceptable work around. why use it it you need to have a whole system to back up. I never had to bring two dj systems in case of failure. this is not exceptable. software should not freeze when I search for another track. This is a basic functionality of this product. Please get this right. My setup has not changed in anyway no new software settings, nor new hardware, or new software installed... I only use this computer for djing. It's a bug. Don't blame this on our computers.

Inviato Sat 08 Sep 07 @ 9:20 am
I'm was doing a live internet radio set and just by clicking a folder the program froze up I had to restart and it didn't work when I reopened the program, had to reopen it again this took about 2 minutes. embarrassing and I lost listeners, I'm going back to version 4.3 until you guy get 5.0 ready for prime time

Inviato Sat 08 Sep 07 @ 9:34 am

Inviato Sat 08 Sep 07 @ 7:38 pm
mp3jackPRO InfinityMember since 2007
jimizulu
I had issues live last night with the software refusing to play songs and it has yet to index all 84,000 songs on my drive. I will be removing th 5.0 and switching back to 4.7. At least with 4.7 I know what the few glitches are and can work around them. For me 5.0 is a disaster waiting to happen, it was turned loose way too soon without enough beta time.

Inviato Sat 08 Sep 07 @ 11:18 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)