Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Soundcard Advice Please ????

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi

I'm new to Virtual DJ ..... I'm just in the process of setting my system up and I'd like some advice please :)

I've got a PC & a Mac, I'm looking for a new Soundcard for my PC primarily so that I can connect my decks (Numark TTX1's) & my mixer (Numark PPD01) and utilise the Virtual DJ features using the Virtual DJ Vinyls. I've been looking at M-Audio Sound cards but have found that they don't feature 2 in's & 2 SpDIF's. My decks feature SPDIFs and I'd like to use these if possible .......

I'd appreciate any thoughts, advice or recommendations on soundcard purchases and then set-up diagrams

Thanks in advance
DJ_Prada, London

Inviato Tue 12 Oct 04 @ 12:57 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I use an M-Audio card (Delta 410, 4 input (2 analogue mono pair) 1 spdif (stereo) (and 10 outputs 8 mono in pairs and one spdif in stereo), and these are great. there is no real advantage of using 2 spdif ins with timecode. At the moment i'm using one the analogue in for one cd player (im using time coded cd's rather than vinyl) and the spdif for the other and there is no difference (accept needing one extra cable of course) (the TTX1's also have a line level out do they not).

If you want 2 spdif outputs for your ppd01 that is a different story i guess, however the quality of the outputs on the analogue side of things is outstanding and i dont really think this is necessary.

if you are really wanting 2 spdif ins and 2 outs you could always buy 2 cards and run them in parallel (up to 4 is supported) and these cards work perfectly in ASIO mode in VDJ.

Hope this helps
Feel free to ask any Q's

Inviato Tue 12 Oct 04 @ 1:55 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
one other thing, if you are using the spdif in make sure you set the master clock to s/pdif in otherwise you wont get a signal

Inviato Tue 12 Oct 04 @ 1:59 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)