Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: soundcard crash

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

billy24PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have a Asus Barbones V2-P5945G with a Realtek high definition onboard soundcard and I have put in a creative X-FI PCI soundcard, the idea was to have the X-FI as the main music output and the Realtek fof the headphones.
If I enable any of these soundcards on their own just as one music output they both work fine which ever one set as the main output.
The problem occurs when I change the sound settings from single output to music output and headphones, for some reason if I have one soundcard to main output and one set to headphones the vdj programme keeps coming up with a crash guard error and it doesn't matter wich way round they are
example : main output - X-FI
headphones - Realtek

or
main output - Realtek
headphones - X-FI

I have also noticed that which ever soundcard is set to the headphones the music is slightly distorted, yet as I said previously on there own they both work fine.

I hope the above makes sense and hope someone can help as I have only just switched from Pcdj fx to Virtual dj pro in the last month and I do find virtual dj alot better.
I do like to use the headphone feature as I have always used it in the past on alot on dj programs!

Mank Thanks

Inviato Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 8:39 pm

Try setting the latency in performance setting to higher, about 1024 ms. That should get rid of distortion in headphones.

Why there is a crash message I dont know. Seems like there might be some sort of conflict with the two cards.

What does the crash message say ? DirectX error or VDJ crash guard?

Inviato Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 10:49 pm

It is a crashguard error, not a direct x error, I have sent the eror report to the technical support and they said I would find the report error within the forum, but I can't find it anywhere.
Here is the crahguard error report :

thread=Scan
address=00488205
ins=8b020fbf
excode=c0000005 (0,37d3ffc)

CRASHGUARD
date=708052009
version=4.3.r12
build=403
thread=Scan
address=00488205
ins=8b020fbf
excode=c0000005 (0,9940000)

Inviato Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 8:14 am
my name is marthelly im an aspiring Dj i just got virtual dj installed on my PC im having a blast with it . the problem im having is in being able to use my headphones, when i have a track playing on deck 1 everything is fine when i try to plug in the headphones so i can play deck 2 and hear it through the headphones im unable to do it, all im getting is whats playing on deck 1 which ends up no longer playing in the speakers but end up in the headphones. so what i want is to seperate it so i can have deck 1 playing on my speakers and mix in deck 2 at the point i want after having heard the second track on my headphones. can anyone help me do that

Inviato Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 5:05 pm
You need to buy the full version to enable two sperate outputs for your music and headphones.
The trial version will no let you do this.

Inviato Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 5:34 pm
so i dont need another soundcard or mixer

Inviato Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 5:45 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
billy24 wrote :
You need to buy the full version to enable two sperate outputs for your music and headphones.
The trial version will no let you do this.

The trial version is like a full one just it is limited to 20 days.
For separate outputs you will need 4 channels card like Sound Blaster Live or Maya 44.
In settings you should check:
Sound Cards: 4.1
Outputs: Headphones or External mixer
That's it.

Inviato Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 5:50 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)