Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Timecode stops working after 12 minutes??? - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

it seems after i pass 12 mins or so, the timecode stops working.. like i have 2 setup with maya44, and a toshiba satellite (0% timecode quality), but it works.. then after that time passes, when i move the vinyl the vinyl on screen moves still but the song keeps going... by itself.. i cant control it i have to press config and choose the asio4all instead of the maya44 picture under asio driver (both are for maya44) and then song skips a bit as it choooses that one then i can control

anyone else had this or know how to fix?

Inviato Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 4:09 am
Yup, buy a valid VDJ license

Inviato Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 6:25 am
lol thats prob not it tho i hope not.. b/c thats kinda gay that u couold bypass it by just changing ur asios (they do same thing ) in config... the version i have is brought i just never brought it myself using a friends copy if u will.

::gets out the old 2.1 and 3.0::

Inviato Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 7:29 am
Having someone else's copy is an infrigment of his license and could get you into trouble. All copies are the property of the individual who purchased it and could be revoke if the statues are violated.

MS

Inviato Sun 12 Aug 07 @ 4:43 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
that is because the timecode signal is 12 minutes long , if you dont want it to stop you need an offical copy of v.4.3

and to set it to smart mode

if you like this program please support it

Inviato Sun 12 Aug 07 @ 10:50 am
oh the smart thing that's what thats for.. i turn like everything off lol.
thx umm.. yeah i plan 2 so I can ge some cool skins

Inviato Wed 15 Aug 07 @ 9:11 pm
Quote :

that is because the timecode signal is 12 minutes long , if you dont want it to stop you need an offical copy of v.4.3

and to set it to smart mode

if you like this program please support it

I am having the same issue.... I have an official copy of 4.3 & have it set to smart mode.... im not really sure what else to tweak though.

This is my first time trying time code ... and it works great ... .for 12 min :) .. .

I have 1 CDJ mk2 800, BCD 2000, vdj 4.3, dell latitude 610, 6 12min long time code mp3's on a cd.

After 12 min it will stop controlling the scratch feature (regardless of how much time is left on the mp3).. the funny thing is it will still control the spinning record in the default skin... but will not control the sound.

Like the OP stated .. I can then go and select the BCD 2000 sound card ... and it will start again .. .or if the BCD is already selected ... select the asio card.

Also ... when it gets to the end of one time code . . it pauses the music while it reads / starts up the second.

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 4:10 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
@Beach, upgrade to 5.0

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 4:16 am
Thanks mate .... I appreciate the fast response... don't think I do not.

But im not willing to upgrade at this moment .... I am a mobile DJ who needs his gear several times a week ... I dont have time to work the bugs out of a new release.

Everything else works great with VDJ ... I'm just having the same issues as the OP with time code.

I would assume there is a fix for my version of VDJ ? ... or that I have it set up wrong ?

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 5:19 am
V5 has a vastly improved timecode engine , it could help you

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 9:54 am
*bump*

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 3:33 pm
My new Numark Vinyl simply do not work with software pre-amp function, the original VirtualDJ vinyl do. I also had 0% signal until I used my pre-amp. The maya44 has no pre-amp.

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 4:40 pm
do they work at all?

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 4:45 pm
They're warped (that's always my luck with this whole timecode business!), but they work beautifully, with a pre-amp. Holds a mix tight as. Didn't try mixing without the pre-amp, it did control the pitch etc but I thought it's best not to mix on a 0% signal!

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 4:55 pm
what is "pre amp" ?

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 5:00 pm
beach wrote :
what is "pre amp" ?

preamp is a feature in some cards and some software to increase the volume of inputs if it is to quiet :)

you can find it in vdj on timecode options

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 5:01 pm
It seems you really have to hit the sweet spot with these Numark vinyls for VirtualDJ to report a 100% signal. The Auto-Config worked fine for me, but if you see the second picture, although you can actually control the deck fine (didn't try absolute mode), it is a 0% signal.

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 5:09 pm
have you tried pressing autoconfig 2 times?

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 5:15 pm
I personally don't have any problems, I'm just saying for the original poster who has 0% signal, that you really have to hit the sweet spot otherwise you either get 100% or 0%. Sometimes Auto-Config gets confused and enables inverse stereo etc, although like you said, hitting it a second time should get a 100% signal. However, this is when I use my BEAT800 pre-amp. When I was testing things without a pre-amp, it was 0% whatever I did (although my turntables were grounded to the BEAT800 which wasn't connected to the soundcard). Now this could be due to my intentional false grounding, or maybe the soundcard (ESI U46SE), but assuming that it is of a similar spec to the original posters Maya44, this could be why he's having 0%.

Edit: With a 100% signal the software knows the position of the vinyl, this is why it's important to have a 100% signal. If you don't, when you reach the end of 12 minutes on the vinyl, VirtualDJ detects no signal so thinks you've lifted the needle from the vinyl. Of course this is not true, but because you didn't have a 100% signal to start with, VirtualDJ didn't know the vinyls exact positioning and could not know to keep playing the track.

Edit#2: beach, this won't apply to you because you're using cd decks. They output at line level so no pre-amp is needed. A pre-amp converts a phono signal to line.

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 5:18 pm
*bump*

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 9:22 pm
37%