Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: help!!! help!!!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I purchesed the timecoded vinyl and I got the stanton DJ lab 3. I tried with one controller before I purchesed the maya 44 with my two line in two line out sound card (tascam us 122).
It just does'nt work!
I tried with the 3.4 version and with the pro version and they both don't work.
The scraching sounded awful and didn't match my hand moves.
The T80 (my turntable) has a line out and that is how I conected it to the sound card.
what should I do? I don't want to buy the maya 44 without knowing that it will work...

p.s.
congragulation on the new look of the web.

Inviato Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 9:04 pm
DjeemmHome userMember since 2007
It seems to me like it can be a result of one of these two things..Your soundcard is just too slow to react or you computer is too slow that it doesnt match...I suppose it might be one of these two thing..(Or I have no knowledge about this one but it might be a simple setting issue of your Stanton)

PS. BTW you might start with purchasing a copy of VDJ...(how could you try it with the pro version without purchasing it)

Inviato Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 11:34 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 9:12 am
oooh!
ok.
I starting to have the feeling that this program does not work...
1) I used the trial pro version becuse someone here (dj-alf) told me I could try it before I buy it.
2) I don't want to spend more money than I already did and eventially it woun't work
I'm starting to fill a littel stopid alredy for purchesing the timcoded vinyl.
3) I have what this web say I should need for the computer and my soundcard is fast enogh please do chek it... (It's better then the MAYA 44)
4) I should get the torq?
could please someone from the pepole who know in this thing help me?
I meen the software can't tell the diffrent between front and beck (when I try to scratch)

Inviato Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 2:33 pm
hi is this ur card? I check ur card..

http://www.zzounds.com/item--TASUS122L

well from wat i c, it is not possible to use timecode as it support 2 line in (balanced) but 2 mono out. It more suitable for recording purpose..

maya44usb on the other hand is 2 stereo in 2 stereo out or 4 mono in 4 mono out,,

http://www.esi-audio.com/products/maya44usb/

hence, it is suitable for each deck (rca white n red into 1 stereo n 1 out to mixer per deck)

In vdj it werks in timecoded ,its only u have to config a correct setting n hardware for it to get going:)

I use timecoded vinyl n smx 401 stanton mixer n currently my sc/midi is herc Mk2..

Hopes this help..

Inviato Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 3:54 pm
I want to apologize for my earlyer massage I was pissed... I'm sorry.
about you spinnaJ... the problem is not on the output of the soundcard... the problem is about the input and the way it read's the timecoded vinyl...
everyone I ask about the MAYA 44 don't understand why I even mention the MAYA...
they say it's not even close to the finalscratch or the serato or all the rest...
my tascam has a stereo in and a stereo out wich meen I can controll with one turntable... don't I???
the problem is at the sound of it and at the forward beackward. the software can't tell the diffrent actually it's always goes forward...

...and I forgot to say tanx for all the help...

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 3:00 am
First things i would say that the TT must not be input at line in but as phono input:) as i think u have the t80 which is the digital TT, hence did not have the ground line..so it is ok to the line in.(not using the supply RCA but the digital line) From what i koe this will werk as i say b4 it is possible by using 2 stereo input n 2 stereo output (RCA)..

Yes maybe, it should only werk for 1 tt but not 100 sure. If i was right at what u were saying.... u can't control the TCV is it, It did not react when u control the vinyl?

Hmm.. Maybe somebody else will give betta explanation.. cos all the while i been using cards that have 2 stereo input n 2 stereo output.. Try to find more info for u when i back home:)

All the best:)

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 9:03 am
To use timecoded u need to use ASIO.. maybe the card is not asio compability.. ( but it has zero latency) Try using the card with asio4all n see it werks.. :)

www.asio4all.com

Hope to see u get it sorted mates:)

Inviato Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 8:38 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)