Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Missing items

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
This is what I followed.
Copied files from internal drive (XP system) to external drive. Then ran VDJ (3.4) and browsed the external drive.
All info was there with BPM's and comments etc.. Then I unplugged the external and connected it to a laptop (Vista) with VDJ V5. Ran VDJ and browsed
the external drive. Found the files but, most of the tunes are now not showing as analyzed, however some still show the BPM. All my comments and cues are gone.
If I connect the external to another xp system, everything is good. Nothing lost.
So why can't I get the external to be read correctly on the laptop?

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 2:48 am
chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Apparently it is just part of the deal with upgrading to the new program. Most of the info is there but there is a portion that will be lost and you will have to rescan. My understanding is that it is caused by the old database being changed to the new format. Here is a post about the same thing.

Posted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 13:55:06

I will say that it took sometime of playing with the database and running checks, cleans and fixes on it before a few anomolies worked there way out. And yes even some re-analyzing. This is all good stuff as the database did change and it will take some work in getting it just right under the new system. It's not perfect at first, but it all does work out. Be patient and use the features that are there to do some of the clean up.

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 4:47 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have re analyzed some tracks to see if that would help. Nope still no comments. Supposedly you are able to save your database
on an external drive and hook up to another system and ALL the info is in tact. Not working fo rme.

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 11:49 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)