Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: problem using MK2 Consol - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

hello wondered if anyone could help me when im playing a song on deck a and one on deck b when i switch the headphone selection over to deck b it will change the selection on the speakers aswell where as i want to do it properly one song playing out of the speakers and one song playing out of the headphones.... could anyone possibly help

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 4:56 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
are you using the demo of pro?

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 4:57 pm
no ive just got the normal virtual dj and the consol mk2 but its f***** annoying lol

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 5:04 pm
just you should be able to here one tune in headphone one outloud and i got my speakers plugged into 3/4 output

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 5:15 pm
ok try the latest 2007 driver
from the herc website if this still fails try a reinstall but ensure you are logged in as an admin

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 5:16 pm
could you send me the link please

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 5:17 pm

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 5:20 pm
ok thanks and im not on vista im on windows xp

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 5:23 pm
hum ok thats not a good sign , try a reinstall with that driver

and of the console software

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 5:24 pm
not had it that long and i clicked on that it uninstalled it and now my dj consol wont work i will uninstall everything and post back in about 10 mins

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 5:27 pm
still having the same problem and i installed the new drivers left the atomix productions bit on could u explain to me what i do like as soon as i press play on song there might be a way

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 5:33 pm
should the headphone selection only change the headphones????? nout output 3/4

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 5:34 pm
OK, This should be an easy fix. lets start at the beginning so we know whats going on. You have a MK2 unit with VDJ home edition. You loaded the disc in and auto ran the disc.

1st up is the hercules software then the drivers for XP.
2nd up is VDJ software
3rd: it asked you to plug MK2 in USB or unplug unit and plug back in.
4th: The drivers will be installed ( should be 4 sets of drivers - if you miss one set, something is not going to work )

DO NOT UPDATE ANY DRIVERS UNTIL YOU KNOW THESE DRIVERS WORK- THEN YOU CAN UPDATE> THIS WAY IF THE NEW DRIVERS DON'T WORK FOR YOU, YOU CAN ALWAYS GO BACK TO ORIGINAL AND WE CAN FIX THE NEW DRIVER SETUP WITH YOU.

As a test, reboot computer with usb attached. Your MK2 should light up then go out when computed is connect to usb unit. Open up you VDJ. Go to config > Setup > speaker/headphone> VDJ console> normal mode

Go to remote> DJC should be checked with a green light.

Place a song in deck A and B

play deck A and move the headphone switch to a then b and back to a to make sure the midi sees the movement. Do the same thing for deck B.

The Mix and SPLIT functions will activate with moved back and forth but it will work. It just takes a little time to get used to the movement for the midi to see the movement.

If I put the MK2 in a different USB port than normal and I miss a driver. I usaully miss the headphone driver almost every time. Now I put all usb in the same ports everytime now.

This should get the unit working. I may have missed a step since I'm at work and doing it by memory. I'm sure someone will help out the thaughts.

Have fun mixing

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 6:54 pm
thanks very much i hope it works LOL

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 7:10 pm
it should do a hardware reset / update will remove any bad settings

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 7:35 pm
still not working properly but on the left hand side when i click on sound cards there is 3 different ones how do i select which one to use

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 7:47 pm
With the assumed settings for headphone output in sound setup (main out 1&2, headphones 3&4), you should have your speakers plugged into output 1&2, not 3&4.

Try it ;)

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 7:48 pm
the headphones are plugged directly straight into the headphone port at the forn of the consol and i got some pc speakers plugged into output 3/4 at the back when i play a song in deck a it plays it and when i switch to deck b it plays deck b song but the problem i got when im switching all that its switching the speakers like when i go on deck a it plays deck a out of the speakers when i go on split it plays both songs one song out one speaker the other out the other realy i want one song playing out the speakers and one out the headphones but nothing is going right :(

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 7:53 pm
DJ_JD100 wrote :
the headphones are plugged directly straight into the headphone port at the forn of the consol and i got some pc speakers plugged into output 3/4 at the back when i play a song in deck a it plays it and when i switch to deck b it plays deck b song but the problem i got when im switching all that its switching the speakers like when i go on deck a it plays deck a out of the speakers when i go on split it plays both songs one song out one speaker the other out the other realy i want one song playing out the speakers and one out the headphones but nothing is going right :(

Plug the 1/8 plug into 1/2 channel output. The 3/4 output channel is reserved for headphones for you setup. The only time you should be plugging anything into 3/4 output channel if your using an secondary source.

The mix function with play both songs in headphone at the same time in each ear and you have train your ears to seperate the sounds.

The split function will play both song in headphone but one song in each ear. So the focus is on one song or the other...

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 8:03 pm
Did you try plugging your speakers into output 1&2, and check the sound setup yet? Is there something else plugged into your 1&2 outs? If not, just give it a try...You might make yourself very happy :D

What you are describing is exactly the way the headphones would behave, but through your speakers. The thing is, if your sound setup (in VDJ) is using output 3&4 for headphones, output 3&4 will follow that convention even though your actual headphones are plugged into the front (just like mine are). I use output 1&2 for main out and I've never had any trouble.

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 8:06 pm
91%