Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ClipBank crash my laptop with Forceware > 162.22 - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Hello,

New Vista Forceware is out, it is 163.44

They are beta drivers. You will tell me that it is "normal" that they can crash my VDJ5 but it is the case with all the driver biger than the last WHQL 162.22 (163.16, 163.15, 163.14, 163.11, 162.50). They all crash my VDJ5 as soon as I try to activate the ClipBank !

This is anoying and the only problem that I have with this driver. I want to use this new drivers because they are really faster and really better than the previous 162.22

Can the team check this out and maybe find a solution ? Provide a dll download with a new compatible version of this cool visual effect ?

Infos who can be important: It happend with mpg files

Thanks in advance

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 5:01 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Beta drivers for what?

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 5:49 pm
I was so sure that someone answer me that... Thanks, it help a lot !

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 9:21 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
beta drivers are not fully complete and may experiance some issues

do you have the latest direct X as this is needed to use the newer video plugins

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 9:32 pm
I wasn't trying to be funny, i just wondered what the driver was for?

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 9:48 pm
You know, when someone post here with a problem, it is not that fun to answer like this... Anyway I'll hope that we can try to talk a bit more serious, I'm sure that I'm not the only one with this problem.

Ok, so, I think I have the last DirectX since I make every month my Windowsupdate. Or is it any "special" update to do somewhere ? My machine run under Vista business with a Geforce 8600M GT

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 10:12 pm
well, what i thought is, they were for the "nvidia" video card

anyway getting back to the topic
i had pretty much the same experience
the clipbank worked only for the 1st time
if i had the cursor over the clip, it would play in the bank
now nothing
mouse over, just the first frame, nothing moving/playing
activate doesn't work
i will get a short freeze of the track playing
sometimes even freezes vdj

btw, i'm having a nvidia geforce go 7700 512mb

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 10:13 pm
DX9c is NOT for Vista OS

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 10:25 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
sorry wrong link

here is the new one

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

supported:

Windows Vista; Windows Vista Business; Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Business N; Windows Vista Enterprise; Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Home Basic; Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Home Basic N; Windows Vista Home Premium; Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Starter; Windows Vista Starter N; Windows Vista Ultimate; Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 11:02 pm

Inviato Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 12:21 am
GaryBr wrote :
Beta drivers for what?

Rereading this I would also have to ask Beta drivers for what. He was answering you seriously and also askin a question. Dont be so quick to jump down someones throat.

I personally dont have issues with the clipbank on XP or Vista but I do have the K-Lite Codec pack installed. Look them up and try them and see if u crash and I also remember hearing that the first file in there crashes.

I have 7 clipbanks running with those you mentioned and Promo Only mpegs. I can also try to help if needed. And yes 9.0c is not for Vista.

Inviato Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 4:31 am
The question is not to know why a beta or not. The answer is in my first post (do you read it before asking ?) because the drivers are far better than the previous WHQL one :-) (better stability, more speed, less latency and so on..)
Maybe someone know which codec is needed. I don't want to install tons of codec pack that I'll never use.

Inviato Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 8:13 am
Too much attitude for me Spider, i hope someone more patient helps you.

Gary

Inviato Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 3:43 pm
I dont give a crap if its a beta. I want to know what the hell you are talking about. Is this a MOBO beta driver, a graphics driver. That sir is the question and with the attitude you are showing you wont get good answers. Try treating people with respect and it will go along way. Have a nice day. :)

Inviato Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 8:35 pm
Sorry if I misunderstood, my language is french and maybe it sounds different in english... So again, sorry if I was a bit borderline, it was not what I want.

Inviato Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 11:07 pm
dj zareHome userMember since 2004
Clip bank also crashes mine VDJ v5!

I don't have powerhorses specs, but I think it should work.

Here they are:

*home computer: AMD 1.6xp, 512sdram, ATI with 64ddr, XP sp2

*dj laptop: hp nc6120, pentium M 730 (1.6 GHz), 512 ddr, intel gma 910/915 (128mb shared), XP sp2

Other media players normaly spin the clipbank loops, but as soon as I try to load one in VDJ v5- it crashes on me!

Are my specs really so low or am I missing something? Codecs,... and so on? I have the latest directx, 9.0c- I think, and overall systems are mostly up to date.

Please help, Thanks!

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 1:51 am
djzarePRO InfinityMember since 2004
This post up is mine, gues I made a mistake at login name

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 1:54 am
dj zare wrote :
Clip bank also crashes mine VDJ v5!

I don't have powerhorses specs, but I think it should work.

Here they are:

*home computer: AMD 1.6xp, 512sdram, ATI with 64ddr, XP sp2

*dj laptop: hp nc6120, pentium M 730 (1.6 GHz), 512 ddr, intel gma 910/915 (128mb shared), XP sp2

Other media players normaly spin the clipbank loops, but as soon as I try to load one in VDJ v5- it crashes on me!

Are my specs really so low or am I missing something? Codecs,... and so on? I have the latest directx, 9.0c- I think, and overall systems are mostly up to date.

Please help, Thanks!

I would at least run at 1 gig ram 2 to do video:)

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 8:28 am
spider66 wrote :
Sorry if I misunderstood, my language is french and maybe it sounds different in english... So again, sorry if I was a bit borderline, it was not what I want.

No worries:) We are all users here and the info that was requested was to help us understand which drivers and for what they are:)

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 8:29 am
djzarePRO InfinityMember since 2004

I would at least run at 1 gig ram 2 to do video:)[/quote]

Yeah, I know that and I'm not going into video mixing- yet. Just wanted to try out the clip bank feature, not running it all night with music.

Inviato Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 1:16 am
95%