Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Saw a DJ play directly from the internet?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I went to a party the other night and the DJ was claiming to have over 1 million songs. I snuck around and saw he was just playing from a laptop, but couldn't see the program he was using. I talked to him however he never reveiled much info except that he gets his music straight from the internet and needs an internet connection wherever and whenever he DJ's. Is this possible or should I ask, how is this possible?

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 8:06 pm
Sounds strange that he "needs" an internet connection.

What equipment was he using?

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 8:09 pm
You can do this with VirtualDJ already! Napster (aka Global Database option in v4).

Using VDJ and a Napster account, you can play directly from the internet. There is a shortcut to Napster in the new v5 browser. Like it has been mentioned, in v4 it is under global database.

This is about as much help as I can be to you in this respect, tho. I don't use this feature - just know it's there ;)

Yes, but you don't "need" to have an internet connection everywhere you DJ, it's just handy if you you get requests that you don't have.

Maybe this guy had just started out and didn't have hardly any tracks.

Was he taking lots of requests?

Maybe he was just streaming VDJ radio :)

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 8:20 pm
digimixer wrote :
Maybe he was just streaming VDJ radio :)

LOL

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 8:31 pm
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
He took all requests. Played some weird songs. He said he had nothing but a couple songs on his hard drive. I know he had some weird gaps between songs too. The thought is cool, but I dont think I'd like it. I'll have to check into that Napster with VDJ. I hate having my dj computer on the web tho.

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 8:39 pm
He turned upto a gig with nothing but a couple of songs? ...i can't think of anything much more unprofessional!

What if the broadband connection dropped? was he gonna keep playing the same three songs over and over?

It must of been his first time, because once you've downloaded them once, you have them on your computer / external drive permanently until deleted.

To be honest, i wouldnt even describe the guy as a DJ.

Inviato Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 8:46 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)