Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: numark cue tccd problem

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

ive been using virtual dj for a while now with the pcdj dac2. i have the cdj800 but every time i put the tccd they work but the bpm remians on 180 and the time counts down from 12 min and not how much time is left on the song. is that supposed to happen or the bpm changes when i load a new track. is there and upgrade to the tccds, bc it gets really annoying to look at the computer screen every 2 sec to check the bpm and the time remain. any help will be appriciated thanx

Inviato Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 7:34 pm
I'm not sure about the counting down thing, but I don't think the bpm should change on the cd player display because it's only a steady beep noise playing.

Inviato Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 7:40 pm

The timecode is a computer signal, and not music.
So the CDJ's can't detect any beats (and there are NO beats).
So it will display any odd info in the CDJ's BPM display
(think of it as NON present, as it doesnt work when you are using timecode, look in CUE skin instead, or on your external mixer, if it has BPM detection)

The timecode signal is 12 minutes long, thats why the CDJ starts counting down (end of track).
There is NO WAY for the CDJ's to know how much song is left in CUE/VirtualDJ, as it only reads the physical timecode CD. And have NO connection to your PC (usb/hid/midi-clock). The CDJ's only play a (timecode) signal TO the PC('s soundcard), and it gets NO info back.

Hope you understand the logic ;)

If you do want a CD player that DOES get BPM and left-of-song info from VirtualDJ/CUE, you need a CD player that has a computer connection where it gets the info. Only CD player on the market that does that right now, is Numark iCDX.
(Denon is working on one too, but said to be released early 2008. And Pioneer too, but they have no info regarding release yet).

CUE/VirtualDJ has a function where it will play even if the timecode signal runs out on the CDJ's.
Just put VDJ/CUE into SMART MODE at timecode settings.

Hope that helps

Inviato Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 7:41 pm
thanx for the help guys is it the same with serato scratch live with the tccd? if any one uses serato

Inviato Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 7:50 pm

its the same with ANY dj software ;)

the timecode signal is just a steady computer signal, and there is no way for CDJs to get any info (other than length) from it

thats just how nature is :)

Inviato Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 7:53 pm
thanx for help dj in norway

Inviato Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 7:56 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)