Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 5: new automix

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello,

is there anybody who could explain the advantage of the the automix to me ?

The old way of auotmix was very comfortable to me. In general I am using VDJ in automix mode, and if there is the need to mix manually I used the "automix-Button" to crossfade to the other player. The advantage was that the other player starts automatically by using the Automix-Button.

Is there a chance to use the new Automix / Auto.Crossfade in a similar way ? If not, please explain me the advantages of the new auto´mix. I am "only" a hobby-DJ and always interested in learning from professionals. :-)

Thanks

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 9:34 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Please search the forums, there are numerous topics about this with plenty of discussion.

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 3:26 pm
cstoll wrote :
Please search the forums, there are numerous topics about this with plenty of discussion.

Since i was the first, I'm wondering if I should add to all the new threads with "told you so". But the way you've been lately I don't think i will, wrong side of the bed & all ! ;o)

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 4:14 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Body count 7 out of 100,000+

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 8:53 pm
I know there are several threads on this and I usually don't write in the forum but feel I must.

1st. We are the customers here. We have choices of software to purchase. We chose and support Virtual DJ. I recommend it to every DJ I know and I am a better DJ for it. We should be treated accordingly by all. That includes our right to make suggestions etc. Also a suggestion has nothing to do with a DJ qualifications/style etc. We each use the software to fit our needs. Our style of DJing etc is not on trial here. The software is; and it is the best product out there because of the teams willingness to listen to and accept changes from DJ's.

2nd. I love the prior version of Automix. I will remain on 4.3 in order to keep that function as it has been rock solid and I haven't had one crash or blip in over 50 events. I think for many it is a visual thing and easier to keep track of deck 1 and 2... Whatever the case may be I think we have a right to like and want to old version.

3rd. I do not want to remain in the past with 4.3 forever. I do not believe it is an unreasonable request of paid Virtual DJ supporters to ask for an option in a future release of Virtual DJ. It could be Automix/Playlist: Old Style/New Style. Or: 1 Deck/2 Deck.

I think this would make Virtual DJ even more versatile and attractive to all.

Thank You,

Vin

Inviato Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 9:30 pm
I am still using PCDJ for my non video parties because of the non availability of automix feature for Sinatra songs and Tony bennett...Dinner music is needed at weddings and it would be fantastic if the automix fuction would provide a feature for this.

I am a PCDJ user but I would like to switch over completely and get out of using PCDJ altogether....

I here alot of Teamers and Pros saying to use Winamp and itunes for this function for now but...while running the program Virtual DJ, I am not able to open any other program until I close out virtual DJ.
This idea sounds good but it just doesn't work. I can't play a song in virtual dj with a video or without a video and switch to the next song by quiting the program and starting another.

My other big queston is how do we edit the cuepoints in automix? I would love to edit the cuepoints for now....although I do have well over 50,000 songs and I can't do it for every song but meanwhile it would be nice.

Inviato Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 12:43 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djfrankiel wrote :
I am still using PCDJ for my non video parties because of the non availability of automix feature for Sinatra songs and Tony bennett...Dinner music is needed at weddings and it would be fantastic if the automix fuction would provide a feature for this.

I am a PCDJ user but I would like to switch over completely and get out of using PCDJ altogether....

I here alot of Teamers and Pros saying to use Winamp and itunes for this function for now but...while running the program Virtual DJ, I am not able to open any other program until I close out virtual DJ.
This idea sounds good but it just doesn't work. I can't play a song in virtual dj with a video or without a video and switch to the next song by quiting the program and starting another.

My other big queston is how do we edit the cuepoints in automix? I would love to edit the cuepoints for now....although I do have well over 50,000 songs and I can't do it for every song but meanwhile it would be nice.

Until the new release I was using v 3.4. Reason is the automix for dinner music. When I tried ver 5 I found that the automix works.

Inviato Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 2:40 pm
Maybe u discovered by now that Virtual DJ 5.0 supports both Auto-mix and Auto-crossfade. For more info take a look at:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/75527/General_Discussion/AUTOMIX_SHORTCUT_(For_those_who_miss_the_Automix_button_in_skin___).html?highlight=automix%20shortcut

Here's a copy of a part of the text, thanks to
cstoll (moderator)

Here is the text from the future FULL User Guide for V5 --

Shortcut Macro

A shortcut macro is the process of assigning multiple actions to the same key or key combination. The power of the macro comes from the order they are listed. So open the Configuration dialog and select the Keyboard Shortcuts tab.

Here is an example of a highly request macro that provides a ‘Mix Now’ capability.

The actions to be used are auto_crossfade, play, and select and assigned to the Space bar for activation.

- auto_crossfade – moves the crossfader

- play – activates the play of the track

- select – changes which deck is now the active deck

To build the macro, add the auto_crossfade action first. Select the Add button to get the action dialog. Hit the ‘Space’ bar to add that to the Key section. Choose the ‘all’ in the left list, then ‘auto_crossfade’ from the middle list. Use the drop-down and select ‘on active deck’. Then click OK.

Repeat this process for ‘play’ and ‘select’ and be sure to choose the ‘on active deck’ from the drop-down option. The ‘play’ and ‘select’ options can be found in the ‘deck controls’ option of the left list.

Now once OK is click for adding each of those actions, VirtualDJ will provide a dialog that states ‘This shortcut is already assigned. Click Yes to add the new shortcut and build up macros. Click No to replace the previous shortcut.’ Click ‘Yes’ to build up the macro.

And once each item is added, click ‘OK’ at the bottom of the Configuration dialog and test shortcut.

In this example the ‘Space’ bar was used and is not the required key in order to make it work. Any key or key combination can be used as long as all actions are assigned to that key. Also, remember the power is in the order of the actions. If this macro is configured in a different order the results of functionality can differ.

Inviato Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 4:11 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)