Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: having trouble with files with "&"

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

any file that has "&" in it wont analize in VDJ v5

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 8:53 pm
they show up as "& # 38 ""

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 9:04 pm

Try this:

right click the file, and choose FILE INFO

See if you can tag it better...

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 9:39 pm
it's showing up in the file name and tag when i do that.. but when i go look at the actual file, it is named/tagged correctly. they look fine in other audio programs also. only vdj is showing it that way. v4.3 didn't show them like that when i used the "file info", but 5.o does

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 9:44 pm
I've just tried it again and they work prefectly fine with me.

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 9:46 pm

Works fine here too... weird.. I just checked my "&" files to see if there was a bug

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 9:48 pm
chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Same here, it seems to work just fine. Did you try to change the option in the browser to maybe file name only and then go back to read from tag or smart. I had some issues with tags and this simple thing fixed it. Maybe just a little gremlin that needs to be booted out.

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 10:15 pm
@ dj Madd Max. I encountered the same thing. Somehow VDJ had a duplicate of the same song. One with the "&" which didn't even load(says error when I load it) up in the player & one that's fine. Somehow it's storing a duplicate file as corrupt.
Do a search & see if you have the same song twice. If not, maybe I was tipsy.

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 10:24 pm
Mantahoe wrote :
@ dj Madd Max. I encountered the same thing. Somehow VDJ had a duplicate of the same song. One with the "&" which didn't even load(says error when I load it) up in the player & one that's fine. Somehow it's storing a duplicate file as corrupt.
Do a search & see if you have the same song twice. If not, maybe I was tipsy.

thanks, that may have been my problem. I did a new sweep of the database and deleted old "files". seems fine now

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 10:50 pm
good to hear;)

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 11:01 pm
it did it again, for some reason vdj5 keeps creating copies (of track using an &)in the database. The solution is easy enough, but a PITA

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 11:15 pm
Yeah, it's a PITA. But my comfort lay in the fact that the original file wasn't lost or corrupted. It's seems to be a bug but it doesn't really do harm to files. That's the good thing about it.

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 11:18 pm

really?! does it duplicate "&" songs? Please try reproduce and tripple check.. havnt seen it myself, but maybe there a bug

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 11:19 pm
@ Norway, It doesn't really duplicate songs with "&" in them. It just duplicates a regular song & renames it with the "&" along with a other crap including the original file name, which is corrupt or something. I think this is only affecting people who have created a new database. I can't explain why. Might be wrong.
@Dj Mad Maxx, did you upgrade or did you create a whole new database?

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 11:21 pm
I do believe that i just upgraded. I noticed that a great many files needed to be re-analized and during this process the"doubles" seemed to appear

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 11:33 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you are willing to try this --
Start over and do the upgrade to build the V5 Database.
Immediately after the first launch - do a Clean, Clear, and Fix on all the DBs
Then shutdown and re-open VDJ

Do you still have the problem?

Inviato Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 1:44 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)