Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Performance Settings in V5.0

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Gentlemen:

I have been reading all about V5 and really can not wait to upgrade and play with it. However, with 15 weddings in the next two months I am a tad cautious. My 4.3 VDJ works flawless on my Dell Lappy with XP Pro. I mean, I never EVER had a problem with VDJ in a live setting. I have the Gigaport AG RCA soundcard.

Can we get some suggestions as to the optimal performance settings on Version 5? The more detail the better. When I first got 4.0 I had to tweak the settings to get the best sound. It took me some time. Is the the sound engine in V5 the same or better?

Is there a quality slider? Should I use the same settings as 4.3? Best settings??

All suggestions and comments are appreciated. I may only have about two days to play with it before a wedding and I do not want to shoot myself in the foot.

Thanks...!!

cM

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 8:59 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
it uses the same slider , try setting it at the same as you had it on v4 :)

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 9:13 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
And also, if you want to have v4 and v5 --

Rename your current virtualdj.exe to something like virtualdj_4.exe .
Then create a new desktop shortcut to the new EXE.
Then install v5 and start playing with it and getting use to it.

The v5 install does not harm the v4 database. It only uses it to create NEW v5 files.
Download the Updates guide and read ahead before doing the install - http://www.virtualdj.com/support/VDJ5-UserGuide_for_Updates.pdf

** HOWEVER - if you want to take the safer route - which I agree with - that's OK. Do your 15 gigs add feel confident and don't put the strain on you. There is enough of that with that many gigs.

cstoll

Inviato Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 10:14 pm
cstoll wrote :
...if you want to take the safer route - which I agree with - that's OK. Do your 15 gigs add feel confident and don't put the strain on you. There is enough of that with that many gigs.

Good advice! IMO, it's one less thing to worry about if you're not trying out new software without having much chance for testing, in addition to everything else that's going on in a wedding gig - they can be challenging. I have had a few issues so far that are really no biggie in testing, but could have been catastrophic during a live performance.

Inviato Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 7:39 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)