Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DATABASE / BROWSER PROBLEMS WITH VERSION 5.0

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I upgraded from 4.3 to 5.0 and last night I was creating playlists for my wedding tonight and everytime I got to about the 4th or 5th search a window came up that said sorting and the program froze. i had to hit control/alt/delete to close theprogram down. At that point, my cpu usage was only 15%-17%. Has this happened to anyone else?

Inviato Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 4:37 pm

Try to recurse folder by folder, and then all your files

It seems that VDJ5 is a bit sensitive to early recurse opreations, when is still building the 5.0 databases (in the background)

As soon as all databases are made good, recurse works super fine

Inviato Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 4:39 pm
Hi Norway,
do you mean recurse every single folder in each one of my hard drives, because what I did was I only recursed the drive as a whole. In the brouser I just pointed to the drive, right clicked and recursed, but should I go through each and every folder within all 4 of my external drives?

Inviato Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 4:43 pm
every root folder with music.. help VDJ5 build its new local database on your drives.

There is in the beginning lots going on in the background (reading tags, making new databases on each drive, downloading covers etc)

So if you treat VDJ5 a bit nice the first few runs, and go through your music folders one my one (and recurse), VDJ will be your friend ;)

For most users they dont have to, but a few users have had a some freeze issues with recurse the first few runs..

Inviato Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 5:04 pm
I will definatelly try that. Thanks dj-in norway, you guys keep doin' what you're doin' cause you guys are awesome. Bottom line, great software backed up by great support. Much respect.

Inviato Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 5:09 pm
Norway,
the other thing I forgot to mention is that I already scanned all my drives for BPM, so all my music has been scanned with version 5.0, should'nt virtual 5.0 have built the databases for each drive? I do see the virtualdj database v5 folders in each drive.

Inviato Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 5:19 pm
true, but do this..

- On each root folder of music (no need for every sub folder), right-click and choose "ADD TO SEARCH"

and then recurse..

Its worked wonders for other users having issues at first runs with recurse/sort ;)

so defo worth a try :)

Inviato Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 5:21 pm

and if that doesnt fix it, go to BROWSER tab in VirtualDJ.

Choose EACH drive at the drop down menu there, and choose FIX

That should optimize your database for 5.0, and get rid of potential nasty entries that are built wrong

Inviato Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 5:23 pm
I tried the fix feature on all the drives and I also tried the add to db search on some drives. I will try on all drives.

Inviato Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 5:28 pm
I also had the nasty freeze ups right before work last night. All i was doing is sorting the database by artist and it froze. 8 times in a row. I messed with the browser options a bit and it finally started working correctly. Although i did have 4 crashes last night.. 2 of which happened while a song was playing and i wasn't touching ANYTHING. I thought the recover feature was supposed to restart vdj with the current playlist. I didn't restart at all

Inviato Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 5:37 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you are satisfied with how your data is for all your tracks - Genre, BPM (analyzed), etc. then go to Config->Browser tab and change the Tags option to 'Never Read' or 'Read on Load'.

Why? Performance while searching, recursing and alike will greatly increase. Also, all the Tag info is recorded in VDJ's Database files. So there is no reason to continue to read the TAGs over and over again when you do searches or use the recurse.

When you add new tracks to your system and want to grab the ID3 Tag info - turn it back on to 'Read ASAP', recurse and add the new data to the database. Then turn the Tags option off or to on load.

Inviato Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 5:46 pm
ok,
Before I did my wedding last night, I added all my folders to "add to search DB" then, I recursed all my external drives, I also went to the browser tab and clicked the fix button for each drive. It was a little bit better when I did searches but the program was alot slower and it did freeze up on me a few times. Also, when I loaded either video or regular songs to the players, it loaded them slow. I was forced to go back to version 4.3 to finish the wedding because I didn't want to take any chances. What else should I do to make version 5.0 search fast like version 4.3 ?

Inviato Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 5:03 pm
Sounds like you didn't follow this recommendation:

cstoll wrote :
If you are satisfied with how your data is for all your tracks - Genre, BPM (analyzed), etc. then go to Config->Browser tab and change the Tags option to 'Never Read' or 'Read on Load'.

Need to download the latest Registry Tool and check a couple registry entries... specifically the SpeedLoad option
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=2170

Inviato Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 5:10 pm
Is there a manual so we know exactly what each option of the registry tool does?

Inviato Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 12:10 am
The new V5 options are in the Update Guide - the prior version options are pretty well labeled. If you have a question on one just post back.

Inviato Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 12:44 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)