Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Issue's so far with VDJ 5

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

We'll here are some of the issue's I 've had so far since upgrading (I think) to VDJ 5. First I use TCV, and there are times when I pick up the needle and the song keeps playing. I place the needle down, VDJ picks of the signal but I have no control over the song, say if I back spin. Second, as I let the song play on the TCV, it skips forward on the song. So it goes from begining to the middle of song. My BPM's are everywhere with this version. I can get my beats on pace and when I try mixing into the next song, the beat is off. Like it doesnt matter how my pitch is on my TT, the software kind of takes over. The program locked up twice last night when I was mixing at the bar (Thanks Hazard for trying to help with my settings, he's my witness to the scare's I was having) I only use this PC for gigs, never had any issues with 4.3. I was using the VDJ TCV GEN3. Any idea's? Any one else with the same issue's?

Inviato Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 6:56 pm
Oh yeah, this is not a b#$% fest, these are just concerns that I have. I love the program, but if anyone has any insight please let me know.
Thanks!

Inviato Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 7:52 pm

- are you having 100% timecode signal in timecode settings?

- are your turntables grounded to the PC?

- did you reconfigure timecode in 5.0 `? (since it has a new engine)

Inviato Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 8:21 pm
Time code is 100% at times, sometimes it's not, like it's been in previous VDJ 4.3.

Turntables are grounded to mixer.

I think I have. What exactly do you mean reconfigured?

DJ in norway, sounds like I'm having the same issue squeaky2199 just posted up.
squeaky2199 wrote :
Been using the demo of version 5 for the last few days with tcv. First day everything was working perfectly. The new time code engine was really great. With the pitch sensitivty at 100(default) the track kept its BPM well. However for the next day the pitch weas flutiating
example if the orignal BPM of a track was 128BPM, vdj would read it between 127.7-128.3 and kept going from these values while mixing.

As you can understand when trying to mix, the beat would only hold for about 15seconds at most and I had to do lots of pitch bending.
I have good ststem specs. Master tempo not enabled. Numark tt500 tables. Why is it doing this. The tcv is clean(even cleaner than what I had it when it wasn't doing this.

Any thoughts?

Inviato Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 9:40 pm
Any idea why the songs are going skipping to the middle?

Inviato Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 12:24 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)