Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: TCV in vdj5

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Been using the demo of version 5 for the last few days with tcv. First day everything was working perfectly. The new time code engine was really great. With the pitch sensitivty at 100(default) the track kept its BPM well. However for the next day the pitch weas flutiating
example if the orignal BPM of a track was 128BPM, vdj would read it between 127.7-128.3 and kept going from these values while mixing.

As you can understand when trying to mix, the beat would only hold for about 15seconds at most and I had to do lots of pitch bending.
I have good ststem specs. Master tempo not enabled. Numark tt500 tables. Why is it doing this. The tcv is clean(even cleaner than what I had it when it wasn't doing this.

Any thoughts?

Inviato Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 9:23 pm

did you have 100% timecode quality second day too?
Did you configure the timecode second day too?

Things might have changed slightly, that introduced some interfearance...

Inviato Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 9:24 pm
I'l be honest, I didn't get 100% because I have gen 2 and usually it goes from 100% to 65%, then back up to 100%. I know that I could just increase the pitch sensitivty because I have got stable pitch read out then but as you may know usually theitch accuracy isn't good ebough fro manual beatmatching. Ie. if i wanted a track to 127.5 BPM and it was 127.6 then if I move the pitch slider usujallyh it won't read it until its something like 127.3BPM

Hope you get my drift

Inviato Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 9:37 pm

Set the VirtualDJ latency in Performance tab to AUTO

go back to timecode settings and press auto config
(and make sure your turntables are grounded to pc first)

Should give you a good steady signal

Inviato Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 9:58 pm
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
The if you manual beat matching use Absolute mode, works like a charm,

Inviato Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 10:57 pm
I've got them grounded to my bcd. How do I ground them to my pc?

Inviato Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 11:24 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)