Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Another problem with Video Files

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi

Another problem I am having with virtual dj 5 is.....

and im not sure if this is only video related, but at the moment I can only coment on video files
is for some reason when I load new video file on to each deck and look in the wave window
the little beat markers/blocks are missing on some files ???

this makes it a real pig to mix two video files, the wave information is there but no beat markers

any ideas

regards

john

Inviato Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 3:46 am
Hi

If you having all these problems why did you buy the program? You really go on. Is there nothing good you can say :( I thinking of buying this program, I not now.

Joe

Inviato Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 7:03 am
PS. I have read at least 4 posts from you about errors.

Inviato Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 7:03 am
Hi

I have to say thank you as you did highlight the errors .

Joe

Inviato Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 7:15 am
Hi Joe

Don't realy go ON ! just a pro DJ thats trying to move over to a pc for djing and leave behind my pioneer CDJs1000

But like you..... want things to be right, and reliable, so when I hi light problems.... it only so that people like YOU ! and me can DJ with reliable software in the future.

Please dont tell me I go on, how about a bit of praise for finding and highlighting the problems, so that if and when you purchase the program you get a version that is reliable !

The reason I bought the software is because I think by far its the best product out there, and boy have I tried so proggys, but it still has quite away to go before it is totaly reliable.

Joe ... version 5 is a bit like a new windows version, ... for the first few months everybody is a guinea pig finding all the problems / faults so that the end version is reliable.

Well done to the Virtual DJ team for the best DJ software out there, but please can you address the faults on version 5 as listed by all the pro djs on this forum

Inviato Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 7:28 am
Oh sorry I did mean to upset you.

Inviato Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 7:35 am
Should be -= Oh sorry I did NOT mean to upset you.

Inviato Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 7:36 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well first welcome to VirtualDJ. And a small recommendation.. how about instead of stating it as a problem you state it as a question to see if it is a problem.

The CBGs are not required in order to mix a track. Also, how about some information about the tracks you are trying to have analyzed and the CBGs are not showing? Things like -
What setting you are using to analyze the tracks with - techno/house or Other music ?
What is the BPM that VDJ is coming up with?
Have you tried to manually tap out the beats in the Edit BPM dialog to see if the CBGs show after manually correcting the BPM?

Also, since we are trying to determine what the problem is... what is your Max Load setting ? That setting can be found in the Config -> Options tab.

Here to help...
cstoll

Inviato Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 10:07 am
Hi Cstoll

Thanks for helping, please don't think I do not appreciate it either.

I think you have answered one of my problems, it may be that the video track never had aBPM assigned to it, by hitting the assign type house give it a bpm and thus the CBGs

why do some tracks come up with a * beside the BMP and some do not, thanks

Another problem I had last night which is very worrying, is my lefthand deck invirtual DJ 5 packed up, by that I mean when dragging a mp3 file into the lefthand deck, the progress of the file loading by looking at the file wave form in the desk was real slow. Normally a file loads fully in 5 seconds or so, well this was gaing at snail speed, till eventually when you dropped a file over the deck it just would not load at all.

Now... the righthand deck worked fine, with no problems, you could just keep loading files and they would play perfectly

previously I had been playing small VOB file on the two decks and moved over to mp3s

One other MAJOR problem I had last night was after downloading a video skin and selecting it crash guard come up with a yellow smilly face after trying to contine with the option in crash guard buttons. My pc Black screened, shut down, rebooted and took forever to bring up a working desktop.

While it was recovering windows come up in the taskbar with finding new hardware, i.e. plextor DVD drive etc. what could have caused such a major crash from selecting a skin ??? it sounds like a hardware crash if windows is finding new hardware

Thanks guys

Inviato Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 2:22 pm
johnnysh wrote :

why do some tracks come up with a * beside the BMP and some do not, thanks

Means it has been perfectly analyzed for automix (good steady bpm, mix cue points set)
So dont worry about that astrix if you dont use automix

johnnysh wrote :

the progress of the file loading by looking at the file wave form in the desk was real slow. Normally a file loads fully in 5 seconds or so,

This is an (old) protection scheme to protect skipping on slow PC's, when mixing videos during a set.

Download DJ Cels registry tool at tool downloads, and turn on SPEEDLOAD

johnnysh wrote :

what could have caused such a major crash from selecting a skin ??? it sounds like a hardware crash if windows is finding new hardware

Sounds like an odd crash where new hardware was detected, while VDJ was running.
Can you try using the skin again?

Inviato Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 2:30 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
johnnysh

when selecting skin you were'nt running vdj were you? select skin you want to use for the night before loading decks and you won't get this problem, found that out myself one night...ooops hehe...

Tayla

Inviato Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 2:55 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)