Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How good is VDJ??

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

idmkPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Hi Guys,

I'm isuru from melbourne, i've got a hercules dj console and am considering purchasing vdj2 very soon. I'm just getting into Dj'ing and thought i'd just try the product out. Just got a few questions, hopefully you guys would be able to answer them.

* I've used the Demo of vdj 2 and it seems pretty smooth. At the moment i'm using 2 CDJ's and a mixer and dont really intend on switching to any thing else immediately, but considering using mp3's aswell, as i really like to be creative with my mixes, plus i've read that sasha and john 00 fleming too are considering using mp3's and software for their sets.

How good do ya reckon VDJ is for professional use?? probably with the XP-10??

* Would i be able to Use a external mixer and use the dj console as only a controller, or soundcared?.. how do i do that??...

* and in the effects download section, is there a difference between the profesional user and home user??...as in would i be able to download all the plugins from this website if i purchase vdj??..

* Is there any way of pre listening to samples through the sampler?? without hearing it from the main output straight away?
or would i need to get the uc33e to do that?.. has anyone got the uc33e, could you let me know some of its features. i've only seen pics of it, and its difficult to findout anything about it on the net.

Thanks...

Isuru.

Inviato Mon 18 Oct 04 @ 9:33 am

VDJ has only two active turntables... what if i wanted to use a 3rd??

Inviato Mon 18 Oct 04 @ 12:01 pm
hi there ;)

(1) VDJ is for sure great for pro use, I use it every weekend at gigs... And getting xp10 or maybe even use timecode CD's and your pro cd-players to controll the software, is a huge boost... ;)

(2) With full version you can hook up your console at your external mixer, with one channel for each VDJ deck, if you want... and the hercules console would only act as a soundcard, or even soundcard + controller, if you wanna say use the jogweels only etc... (using faders etc at external mixer) Thats the setup I use every weekend ;)

(3) In full VDJ you can assign sampler to its own soundcard, in advanced soundcard setup. You could then prelisten to samples at a seperate channel at your external mixer, or directly from output from soundcard etc... its all possible ;)
U dont need UC33 for that... UC33 is a midi controller, giving you sliders for each sample slot, and thats pretty cool.. as well as auto start/stop samples when you move slider etc.

(4) in full VDJ you can have multi-instances of VDJ running, giving you more than 2 decks... You can even have them running at 2 different pc's - synced ;) again... all possible ;)

hope that gives some answers ;)

Inviato Mon 18 Oct 04 @ 12:32 pm

Hey!.. dj in norway..

that was great man, thanks alot!!!... I'll be purchasing VDJ tomorrow!!!

Just curious, ho do ya become a ultra vip member??....and so on..

and in the effects download page... what does professional edition user and home edition user mean??.....

I should be able to download any effects plugin as long as i purchase the full version right??......

oh and one more thing.... could ya tell me how to pre-listen to the samples through connecting the headphones to the dj console??........is that possible or do i need to use the external mixer for that??...

thanks alot mate!!..

Isuru.

Inviato Mon 18 Oct 04 @ 2:01 pm
hi again IDMK ;)

good to hear you are going to get the full version, I promise you will not be disapointed ;)

Member-status I think is something that comes from how much active you are in forum, making of new effects and skins, etc... :)

as of different versions, the full version is now called "professional edition", and the Ejay version with some limitations is called "home edition".... just 2 different versions of the software, and getting the full one is highly recommended! ;)

You can see the comparison of different versions here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

the version you buy is then reflected in your user status as either "profesional version" or "home edition user".. and if you are an active member, you might soon climb to member, vip member and so on ;)

Regarding the possibility to prelisten samples, the best thing is to have them through another soundcard (say your pc soundcard), and have the 2 decks at VDJ go through the Hercules console.. then you would have 3 x stereo outputs : 2 for the decks, and 1 for the samples... And if your external mixer have 3 or more channels, you can connect the 3 output to each channel at your external mixer, making prelisten to samples easy... ;)

hope that helps some... feel free to ask again if it did not ;)

;)

Inviato Mon 18 Oct 04 @ 2:20 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi i'm also from Melbourne and use VDJ Profesionally all the time, its a great investment and works extremly well...
Especially with external controllers (although for pro use i'd stay away from the Hercules)
Hope to see you as a Full user soon

Inviato Mon 18 Oct 04 @ 2:43 pm

Hi..

I just orderd vdj online. What happens next?... do i get instructions on how to download to my e-mail address??

thanks,

Isuru.

Inviato Tue 19 Oct 04 @ 12:08 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
yes, check your e-mail
I made the same decision yesterday...

Inviato Tue 19 Oct 04 @ 12:50 pm
glad to hear that you both got VDJ ;)

good choice... ;) and happy to see you both around.. ;)

@idmk :
- you should get an email with download adress and serial nr...
- enter the serial nr in your profile, to update your status
- download the full version and install ;)

happy mixing

Inviato Tue 19 Oct 04 @ 2:07 pm

Hi!!..jsut downloaded the full version...

could someone please tell me how to pre-listen to the sampler on the headphones??...... if i'm using only the hercules dj console..

or is that only possible through a external mixer??

thanks!..

Inviato Fri 29 Oct 04 @ 8:44 am
FROM DJ IN NORWAY= "(4) in full VDJ you can have multi-instances of VDJ running, giving you more than 2 decks... You can even have them running at 2 different pc's - synced ;) again... all possible ;)"

Is that possible and how? just loocking at the bpm pf the two PCs?? or with a sync button (like spacbar)????
And i think it would very helpful when in the next ubdates including the possibilite to mix with just ONE pro-cd player in the timecode-cd future.
Thnx for "listen"

Inviato Fri 29 Oct 04 @ 1:48 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)